Chapter 27

Jake's Mate ???

I can feel my heart threaten to burst inside my chest. The world slows around me and the waves of applause diminish into one jumbled heap of noise. There is an unbearable tightening in my chest, and I struggle to take in the hot air around me. Betrayal. Betrayal. The only thoughts that could possibly ring through my head were the ones that I was so desparately trying to avoid. How could my own Alpha, my own mate... declare that he had found his soulmate? He had found his perfect match, the one that he was destined to be with? How could he have found her when that girl was supposed to be me? 

I grit my teeth, shoving through the tightly packed mass of bodies that surrounded me. I will change his mind, there is no way he can follow through with this. My inner voice says trying to soothe the pounding in my head. I don't need to search for him, because for some reason my body is already drawn to him. I can feel myself gravitate toward him, and before my mind could debate my decisions, I was already in his range of sight. Jake's eyes immedently shifted to mine, already sensing my presence. I could feel my wolf surrendering to him, urging me closer to Jake until I reached the place of no return. "You Liar!" I shouted, my face contorted into a look of shame. I can feel my cheeks flaming with a warm red as I inch toward him, looking up into his face until we are eye to eye. I can already feel curious stares turning in our direction, burning holes in our sides to trying to sneak a quick look. 

"Shut up." Jake murmered, looking at me through his long, curled eyelashes. I could feel my heart rate spike as continued to glare at him, not willing to back down. "Not until you tell me what all this is about!" I hiss throwing my arms up in the air to express my frustration. "I was supposed to be your mat-" Before I could even finish my sentance, Jake pushed me into the closest room, the sheer force of his strength  knocking the breath out of me. Before I could regain my train of thought, Jake towered over me, slamming the door shut and with a click of the lock. We were alone. My breaths were shallow as I backed up into the corner of the bathroom, trying to put as much distance as I could between us. Jake's jaw was clenched, making the hollow of his cheekbone even more defined. His eyes fluttered close as he gripped the door knob, as if he was trying to control himself. "You and me are nothing." he stated in a hushed tone, it was so quiet that I had to lean toward him just to understand. I could feel my finger nails digging into the palms of my hands as I understood the meaning behind his words. "But Jake you are my mate." I stammered, my trembling lips betraying the cool confidence that I had portrayed on the outside. I couldn't believe the words flooding from his flushing pink lips. They were lies. They had to be lies.

 I outstretched a hand toward him, unable to control my body's raging need. The need for Jake. "Jake please, this isn't how it's supposed to be. You can't deny the attraction between us." I whispered, knowing that if my voice went any higher, I wouldn't be able to control my emotions. "I can not deny something that there is none of. I am not attracted to you and will never be. Now get out of my sight." Jake seethed, removing my hand off of his arm like it was a plauge. I turned to slip past him, but before I could unlock the door, Jake leaned down toward me. His face scowling as if it pained him to do this, "And if you tell anyone about this. You will be escorted from the pack." 

_

A/N take a break from Kayla and Haden now we are with Jake and ??? Mystery girl! Comment what you think for this chapter!! Also thanks for the 400,000 reads and #148 on werewolf!!!

BE SURE TO CHECK OUT "BETTING ON LOVE"