Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A/N I know I usually update every day and but I'm busy ); Ugh this must be annoying because I never put these in the beginning, but right now idgaf Thanks for getting me back to 500 reads though :D

Stay classy my lovely readers

-•-

HADEN'S POV

I sat on the damp ground in the woods, my body twitched to run after Kayla, but I knew that she needed time away from me. My thoughts surrounded me like a fog, I was going to be alpha soon which would mean that I would need to select my mate. A picture of Kayla flashed through my mind and I smiled dreamily, god she was turing me into a fu*king girl.

Kayla was mine and she should be my Luna, every time I managed to get her into my arms she would just push me away, I just wanted to yell in frustration, couldn't she see how much she meant to me? I sucked in the cool summer air and gathered myself. I slowly made my way back to camp, Kayla's lingering scent burned in my nostrils. I just wish she would accept me as her mate, I don't know how long I would be able to last! My wolf was practically begging me to mark her.

I approached the dim lights from the woods. I could already feel a storm brewing in the clouds, As soon as I laid eyes on the glowing lake, I watched the shimmering lights from the cabin reflected off the water and a goofy grin curved at my lips just at the memory of meeting Kayla for the first time.

I made my way through the wave of people, my wolf whimpered, not detecting Kayla's sweet scent in the air. I cringe at the thought of Kayla gone and my whole body tensed. I see Jake waiting by the car and I swallow the low growl that was rising in my chest, "Have you seen Kayla?" I didn't even bother to cover the snarl that escaped my lips.

" No but I texted her to meet me, I need to leave before the rain starts pouring." Jake replied nonchalantly. I refused to meet his eyes, I knew my wolf wouldn't let me rest until I knew she was safe.

I felt the blood drain from my face, and I felt a pang of guilt hit me like a ton of bricks. Kayla was still in the woods somewhere, I felt my heart throb as if it were being pulled out of my chest, I needed to find her. My wolf was rising inside of me, itching to shed this human skin, "K-K-Kayla is in the woods." I heard my voice crack, something snapped inside of me and I felt my instincts take over.