Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Haden grabbed my hand in his iron grip and I had to swallow the gasp from the tingles running through my skin. My body trembled at the raging storm in his eyes, I could see his jaw clenched and my hands gently traced his carved jawline.

I could feel Haden's heart pounding in his chest and for some reason I thought our hearts were beating in sync. "You never met me at the lake yesterday." He whispered softly, I never heard his so gentle. My pack's image flashed through my eyes and I swallowed a lump in my throat, I wouldn't be so selfish as to just give up my pack for my mate.

"I have to go." I murmured, still flustered by the gentleness of Haden's voice, before he could reply I stumbled forward. The woods suddenly looked darker and a shiver ran down spine. My eyes had to strain to make out the tangle of shapes around me, and the light vanished from the once bright forest, I felt my heart hammer in my chest, I knew something wasn't right.

I sniffed the air, but I couldn't smell anything other than the musky evergreens that surrounded me. I shrugged it off, it was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. As I staggered onward, I still couldn't shake the churning feeling in my gut, my hands grew sweaty and every instinct in my body screamed at me. "You can do this, you're not a little girl anymore." I mumbled to myself, I chewed on my bottom lip, trying to shake the eerie silence in the forest.

There was a soft rustle behind me and my wolf pricked up defensively, I didn't dare turn around to see what was behind me. Blood rushed to my ears and I could hear my pounding heart. Every cell in my body told me to run, but my feet stay glued to the ground.

It wasn't until I felt hot breath against my on my bare skin. Soft lips brushed against the nape of my neck and I shuddered, my whole body froze and I couldn't get myself to turn around. He glided in front of me me, The full moon caught his face; bathing it in an eerie, silvery light. "Rouges." I whispered so quietly that it was barely audible.

A/N THIS IS IMPORTANT UGH SO I DELETED SOME CHAPTERS AND MIXED THEM TOGETHER! IM DOWN 100 READS PLEASE GET ME BACK TO 500 I WILL NEVER DELETE CHAPTERS AGAIN! THANKS ):