Chapter 33

Kayla's head was throbbing as a rush of feelings swept over her, it was as if her emotions were like waves and she was the land beneath it. Constantly being pounded with feelings apon feelings as they washed over her entire self. There was nothing she could do to dull thudding in her brain or constant buzz consuming her mind, but of these feelings, fear was the most prominent. If the ocean were her emotions than fear would be a deep abyss, threating to drowning her in her own feelings. To suffocate her as she drifted further into the darknes that was herself.

A series of dry sobs escaped her lips, out of everything that Kayla was, Ultimately she was completely frustrated. Cynically, she struggled against the steel chains, already feeling the bruised skin burning beneath it. Tugging at the iron grip, she noticed where the metal was attached to. It dangled against the dust that coat the brittle wood which supported the bed. Slightly trembling, Kayla faced the bed's headboard, before any other doubts could cloud her mind, Kayla swung the chains abover her head. Struggling to pin them above her head, with the weight of the metal threatening to pull her down. Panting harshly, she thrashsed against the chain, a small groan bubbled from her lips as her mucles burned from the impact of the metal slamming against the headboard of the worn down bed. As soon as it made contact, an earshattering crack thundered throughout the room, the splintering of wood was apparent. For a second Kayla froze, listening for any sudden noises signaling Jake retreating back. Was he far enough away that he wouldn't hear the splintering noise if wood? Moments passed, and the room grew still once again.

Slighly dazed, kayla smiled to herself. The wood had snapped in half, therefore the chain could cling to nothing. She was free. Well... Slightly. She was still attatched to the chain, but it no longer held her back. She was no longer restrained to only the bed and could escape, that was if she could manage dragging her restraint around with her.

A/N 

short but totally worth it, this chapter is a bit confusing so here is to sum it up

kayla is nolonger chained to the bed but still has her chains stuck to her wrists, so she can move but has to drag her chains along with her haha : )