The city that we love

A/N: Hello guys! So this one shot is inspired by the song titled "Pompeii" by Bastille. The situation is kinda like the music video (if you haven't seen it then you are in for a surprise) so yeah..I don't own the song or the concept of the music video I just own the plot. So let us start.

Delirious stood atop of a building, fighting the urge to scream his lungs out and curse to the heavens above. He hated himself for something like this to happen.

I was left, In my own devices

It was supposed to be his responsibility to protect his friends, yet he failed them.

Many days, fell away with nothing to show

Wildcat roamed around the streets, Lui was with David to who knows where, Craig was no where to be found, Marcel was in the institution along with Brian, the doctors claiming that they we're both delusional,and Luke was dead..killed by refusal of the order.

And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love

Delirious was with Vanoss in their little apartment. But none of it mattered to him now..everyone in the world was gone, they weren't dead thought...just something far more worse.

Gray clouds roll over the hills bringing darkness from above

"Don't blame yourself for it all, Delirious" he heard that soothing voice of his lover and relaxed as he felt strong arms wrap around his waist from behind.

But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like nothing changed at all?

Both of them felt the wind blow against there skin.

And if you close your eyes, does it almost feel like you've been here before?

Although it was late summer, Delirious still wore his blue hoodie, black pants and converse while Vanoss wore his usual red jacket black jeans and converse.

How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
how am I gonna be an optimist about this?

"How could I not,Vanoss?" He asked, sadness was clear in his voice.
"Delirious..listen., none of this is your fault..the disappearance of our friends was not in your descicion. They we're the ones who gave up there will to survive for your sake." Vanoss reassured as Delirious turned to face him.

We we're caught up and lost in all of our vices.

"That's the problem, Vanoss. Everyone has been trying to protect me, and because of that, they lost their souls...they wander off in the streets like zombies, they care about nothing anymore..all rational thinking In there heads are gone..and it's all because of me" Delirious looked down..tears already forming in his eyes.
He wanted to go back to those times where they actually called it happy. He wanted to rewind time and experience the never ending smiles and laughs of his friends. It all changed in a blink of an eye..he knew that anytime now..one of them are destined to turn..that was the hardest part that Delirious had to accept.

In your pose as the dust settled around us

The other was infected long ago, but kept a steady pace in life.

"Let's run away,Delirious" he whispered against Delirious' ear, making the other one snap his head up as baby blue eyes met chocolate brown ones.
"Where would we go? Where would we stay?" He asked

Ane the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love.

"We don't have to stay, we just need to get away from here..find an area not infected yet and live there, please Delirious" Vanoss pleaded, hugging Delirious as if there was no tomorrow.
He nodded against Vanoss' shoulder, knowing that the younger one was right, they had to get away..to which memories would cloud there minds and would eventually drag them insane if they stay much longer.