7. Irritation

The rest of the week, John nor Sherlock spoke to each other. Before and after the lessons, John had the urge to say something to Sherlock. But the thought of Sherlock saying that he didn't want any friends and that John needed to leave him alone, that made it quite clear that he didn't want John's company. In the nights, John always stared at Sherlock secretly while he was working. A couple of times he was like phoning to the police, details from murderers, crimes. John was curious, but he didn't ask for an explanation. John really wanted his old friend back, even though they were friends for only two days. Sherlock was different for John. Strange, in a good way. John still didn't figure out what he did wrong. He just introduced his friend to him. Okay, maybe it wasn't just a meeting. For Ben it was more than that. But still? Does he need to be mad on John for that?

Sometimes they'd make briefly eye contact. Both, looking away directly. Thursday night, when John came into the room and Sherlock was brushing his teeth with the bathroom door open, John walked inside the room and stopped at the length of the bathroom door. Looking inside, staring at Sherlock. John was frowning as Sherlock kept brushing his teeth. Totally ignoring him. John walked inside the bathroom and grabbed his own blue toothbrush and started to brush his teeth as well. Both were standing side by side. The silence was bothersome. John hoped Sherlock would say something, but it was false hope- of course it was. Sherlock just spit his mixture of saliva and toothpaste into the sink, and wandered away.

So, this was the week of John Hamish Watson. Monday and Tuesday he spent the day with an amazing new mysterious friend, dorm mate. And Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, he was totally ignored by him. It was five pm and John was packing to go home in the weekend. He didn't need a lot stuff. Just his favorite pajamas, homework and some underwear. Not much really, He still had a lot clothes stored in his house.

John was ready, and sat onto his bed, reading. He was waiting on a text from his mother, that she had arrived. Suddenly, the door opened and Sherlock walked inside. His gaze immediately directed to John's. Narrowing his eyes when he saw John watching him with confusion. He sighed and flopped down onto his desk chair and opened the lid from his laptop. While starting up, he was writing vigorously. John watched him with frowned brows. He looked around, Sherlock still didn't pack his stuff. He wanted to ask about it. But well, wrong thing to do, John Watson. He couldn't keep his eyes of Sherlock's back. Sherlock sighed and swivelled around. He looked sternly at John. John swallowed as he looked away. Turning back to his book.

"Stop it John." Sherlock said fiercely.

John looked up. "What?" His voice trembled.

"Stop staring, it's annoying."

"Uh, okay. Sure." He mumbled, looking back at his book. Thinking about, if he could say something proper to Sherlock.

"Good." Sherlock said firmly as he goes back to his work. This week he met Greg Lestrade, Mycroft's roommate. Mycroft told Sherlock that his roommate was involved with the Scotland Yard. That got Sherlock's attention immediately. They met Wednesday, during lunch. Greg's dad is the best that Scotland Yard had to offer. A Detective Inspector. Mycroft told Lestrade more about Sherlock. Secretly, Mycroft was glad with his younger brother. Mycroft was very smart. Yes he was. But his brother's deductions work was brilliant. He told Lestrade, that Sherlock can know someone's life story by just looking at the person. First, Greg laughed amused. Not believing Mycroft. But after Wednesday, his thoughts changed.

John snapped away from his thoughts. His phone buzzed. He got a message from his mother. He opened it, and scowled at his phone. He threw his phone to the edge of the bed, growling as he stood up.

John, there are some problems with your dad. I hope you know what I mean. I need to take care of him. Before he does stupid things. I will come tomorrow in the morning. I'm sorry, dear. Xx

John walked to his closet. And grabbed a bag crisps. He opened it furiously and settled him back onto his bed. Sherlock turned around, raising his brows. "Growling, and eating crisps. Something bad must happened." Sherlock quipped. For a moment, he forgot the activities from Tuesday.

John scoffed. "Why do you care?" He said in annoyance.

"I don't." He paused. "I just know, we are stuck with each other tonight." He said crudely.

"How did you...?" John frowned. "Ah whatever." He added.

"You were obviously waiting on a text from your mother. Not your dad, he won't pick you up. He is too busy with his drinking problem." John looked startled at this. "Yes, I know about your dad's drinking problem. I have observed you a couple times. Every time that plans are changing, you grab a bag crisps. Quite funny how the girl rejected you at the last moment, after you put so much effort into your looks. She said she had to meet a teacher. You were too stupid to see that she was dressed for a date. She didn't have to meet a teacher. She had plans with Jacob. He passed while she was talking to you, they briefly made eye contact. Not just eye contact. It was fervently, she was almost melting at the two seconds. When she stared back at you. She felt guilty. Afterwards, you grabbed crisps."

John looked up with excitement. "Amazing." He said, and froze immediately. Thinking about, that he just said that aloud. Sherlock tried to hold back his smile. John gave him another complement. Maybe John's isn't that bad at all?

"I have to go." John hesitated.

"To where? School is empty in a few minutes."

"Why would I stay here? You asked me to leave you alone. Be happy." He said firmly.

"John..."

"Just. Shut up, Sherlock. I thought we were friends. I know, we just met. But playing with people their feelings, is wrong. You turned your back on me, without an explanation." He retorted.

"John, please sit down." Sherlock asked warmly.

"Now, are we being friendly?" John snapped.

"Please, just let me explain." He said timidly.

John hesitated. He rolled with his eyes. "Fine." He said as he sat on the edge of his bed.