30. Friends.

30 chapters already WUUUUW!

Nothing much happened Sunday. Both boys spend the whole afternoon in bed. Sherlock did some researching about the case, but he didn't find anything special. In the night Sherlock and John ate together in bed. John still didn't meet Sherlock's parents. They didn't really talk about it though.

It's Monday now, and Sherlock and John were sitting in the car with Mycroft in the front seat behind the steering wheel. No one was talking, just enjoying the silence. Mycroft got a text but didn't open it. He waited when the car was standing still and after some minutes he finally stood at a red traffic light. He opened the text and smiled brightly. Sherlock rolled his eyes, coughing what made Mycroft look into the mirror briefly. His cheeks were red from embarrassment

Sherlock and John exchanged a look and started to chuckle slightly. Mycroft sighed, rolling with his eyes in annoyance and focused on the road.

When they arrived John and Sherlock walked straight to their dorm room. John thanked Mycroft for the ride and the help with his stuff at his house. Going back to school was a lovely feeling for John. He felt free. Free from guilt, free from his dad, free from all the secrets. It was exhilarating! Telling his friends about dating a boy was going to be hard maybe. But most of them probably knows already. And no matter what. They'd all have his back.

Once they arrived their room, they separated to their own classes. John kissed Sherlock lovely and left.

John walked to his locker to get some stuff he'd need for his first couple of classes. While he did so, a couple friends of him said good morning to him in passing. John gave them a quick smile and wave, closed his locker and went to the next hallway where Ben's locker was. Ben wasn't present, so John decided to wait on him. He was about to tell Ben about his feelings for Sherlock. Him being gay. John thought that Ben would be fine with it, since Ben is also gay. He will understand what John was going through. Well, he hoped so. John also hoped that there won't be an awkwardness between them. Two gay's being best friends. You never know what people think about that.

Two minutes later, John watched Ben come down the hallway. He smiled in John's direction and walked up to his locker.

"Hey Johnny, how's it going?" Ben asked friendly, patting John's shoulder.

"I'm great." John said, clearing his throat. "How are you?" He added.

"Like always." Ben replied.

John looked down nervously, not knowing how to start this. "That's good." He said, smiling awkwardly.

"Is everything okay, mate?" Ben asked, frowning slightly.

"Yeah, everything's fine! I just..." John trailed of, shrugging.

"Spit it out John."

"Okay. Well, I need to tell you something."

"Yes?" Ben looked at him with a confused glance.

"Well..." John said, shifting his feet uncomfortable.

"John just tell me already!" Ben yelled.

"Ok.. yeh ok..." John hesitated. "I'm dating." He said quietly. Ben gave him a confused look and started to laugh.

"John what the hell. I thought something bad was going on." He said, grabbing his French book out of his locker. "Jesus, you almost gave me a heart-attack." He said, closing his locker by slamming the door.

"Yeh, well that's not it, Ben." John hesitated. Ben turned his head, cocking his eyebrows. "Look, just know that this doesn't change anything about me and our friendship, okay?" John said. Ben got more confused at this. John swallowed and took a deep breath and spoke.

"I'm dating Sherlock. There I said it." He stated with a whisper while staring at the ground. Not daring to look up, scared of Ben's reaction. But then he did look up, and he didn't know what to think of Ben's expression. He was just standing there with his mouth open, not blinking. John coughed.

"Ben?"

"Are you joking?" Ben asked calmly.

"No, I'm not."

"Woah" Ben said loudly, while running a hand through his hair. "I didn't expect this one coming." Ben chuckled. John sighed in relief.

"So you're okay with it?" John asked.

"John. I had your back when I told you a year ago. What do you expect dummy." He nudged John into his side. "But I must admit, I never thought you would fall in love with Sherlock. But hey! I'm glad you're happy John." He smiled fondly, swinging his rucksack onto his shoulder. John chuckled adorable.

"I don't know if I'm gay gay... I'm just... I dunno. Sherlock just changed me. It's strange right?" John said laughing.

"I don't know. I'm gay since I'm born, John. It's probably fate." Ben said. When he saw John beaming at his words 'fate' He laughed, rolling his eyes. "You're like a teenager, Jesus John." John snorted.

They entered the classroom and got greeted by the teacher. "Bonjour" She said cheerfully.

"Ey." Ben greeted discourteously, not making eye contact with the teacher and walked over to his seat and flopped down onto his chair.

"Ben, Où sont tes manières? " The teacher asked in annoyance. Ben sighed.

"Am I supposed to understand what you've said?" He stated. John sniggered in the background.

"You can stay here after the lesson is over. We need to have a word." She said with a serious tone.

..

French class was boring. But like really boring. John disliked French. He didn't understand why he needed to understand that language. It's not like he will move to France? But ahh school...

He was now sitting in English class. Listening to the teacher with a bored expression. He's wondering what his Sherlock was doing right now. He decided to text something to Sherlock.

Hey Sherloooock. –JW

Jaaawnn –SH

How is class going? –JW

Quite fun actually. –SH

John frowned.

You must be sick. You want me to take care of you tonight? –JW

How much I would like that. I'm not sick, John. I'm seeing interesting things about the male human body. I hope you allow me to practice on you for my exams sometime. –SH

Oh yes. –JW

Good - SH

I think I'm getting the flu John. I need my doctor. –SH

You idiot. –JW

I could try. –SH

I see. –JW

Did it work? –SH

Oh god yes. -JW