9. Alone in school.

They were walking back to their room. "Why don't you go home this weekend?" John asked.

"My house is a prison, just like here. So why making an effort?" He shrugged.

John chuckled. They were intering their room. "I will text my mom that she doesn't have to pick me up tomorrow." John decided.

"John, you don't have to stay here, because I stay here." Sherlock insisted.

"No, I want too." John smiled. "And coming home when my dad is in this state, isn't quite fun either" He added mildly. Sherlock sneaked a smile at the thought of spending a whole weekend alone with John. He nodded and grabbed a pair of pajamas and disappeared into the bathroom.

Meanwhile John got into his pajamas as well. He knocked onto the bathroom door. "Sherlock, are you done yet?" He asked. Sherlock didn't answer him, instead he opened the door. He was standing with his toothbrush in his hand, brushing his teeth slowly. "Yes." He said through a full mouth toothpaste. John smiled slightly and walked inside. Grabbing his blue toothbrush.

"How is your knee?" John asked.

"Oh... almost healed I think." He shrugged, spitting out saliva into the sink. "Can I see it?" John asked curiously.

"What?" Sherlock replied.

"Can I see it? At the sight of the bandage last time. It was big. I'm just wondering if it's healed. I'm quite interested about medical things." He chuckled with a shrug.

"Okay." Sherlock said as he rolled his trousers up to his knee. John's eyes widened immediately at the sight of a badly treated burn wound onto Sherlock's knee.

"Jesus Sherlock." John said as he ran a hand through his hair. "You should check that up in the first aid. It looks frightful. There will remain an ugly scar if you don't look after it." John said worriedly.

Sherlock looked surprised. "Isn't it healing well?"

"No, obviously not." John frowned, cleaning his toothbrush with water.

"Really?" He asked astonished.

John looked at Sherlock. "No, Sherlock." he chuckled. "How did you take care for it?"

"I smear ointment on it every Monday."

"God." John said as he put his head in his hands. Shaking his head with disbelief. He looked up again, staring at a confused Sherlock, what made John laugh even more. "You're unbelievable, Sherlock." He said amused. Sherlock was rubbing the back of his head with his hand. Not knowing what got into John. "You are the cleverest of the school. But you don't know how to treat a burn wound?" John chuckled. Nudging Sherlock in his side. "You have to clean the wound every day." He said as he walked towards the closet into the room. Grabbing the first aid box.

"Really?" John heard Sherlock asking. John was smiling while grabbing the box.

"Yeh." Sherlock walked into the room.

"What are you doing?" He asked inquisitive.

"Don't pretend you don't know." John pointed out, as he gestured to Sherlock's bed. Sherlock blushed, hoping John didn't see it.

"Alright, Doctor Watson." He said playfully as he sat down. John sniggered.

"That's sounds good, don't you think? Doctor Watson." He said proudly. Sherlock rolled his eyes, chuckling.

John strolled to Sherlock and crouched down in front of him, laid the box on the ground and grabbed the ointment, removing the lid. He put a hand full with ointment and smeared it carefully over the wound. Sherlock twitched, putting a hand onto John's shoulder, biting his lower lip. John clenched his teeth from the pain in his shoulder. Sherlock frowned, pulling his hand away directly, reading john.

"What did he do?" Sherlock asked gingerly on a serious tone. John froze, hand resting onto Sherlock's knee. John shrugged, continuing with caring Sherlock's burn wound. "I'm sorry." Sherlock mumbled.

John looked up, smiling softly. "It's fine." He paused, grabbing the bandage. "I was protecting my mom. Two months ago, dad came home around three in the morning. I heard him shout at her. He was furious on her, just because she was writing an old school friend. He was so drunk." John swallowed. "I peeked my head inside the room." He sighed." His hands were targeted around her throat. I jumped on him. Did everything I could do to get him of her. And it worked. But then I sort of ended up in the hospital." He shrugged, finishing wrapping Sherlock his knee.

"Why do your dad still lives with your mom?" Sherlock asked quietly.

"Dad is a good man, really. Just, when he drinks, he changes into a monster. My mom is hoping he stops drinking someday." John said as he stood up. "I hope it isn't too late for your knee. I'll check tomorrow again." He smiled softly.

"Thank you, John."

"No problem." John said as he stretched his arms, yawning. He walked towards his bed, collapsing on it. Sherlock stood up, rolling his trousers down, over the bandage. And also lies down onto his bed. John almost forgot to text his mom. He grabbed his phone and started to write.

Its fine mom, I understand. Is it okay, if I stay here the whole weekend?x

He sent it and laid on his side, so he could see Sherlock. "I've met your brother." John said.

"Did you ignore him?"

John chuckled. "Sort of."

"Good."

"Does he also stay here?"

"No, He helps my parents with the government as much as he can. After this year, he also will work in the government. He will get a quite high function." Sherlock said.

"And you will rent a little flat in London, solving crimes." John smiled at how exciting Sherlock's life will be.

"Jep." Sherlock said, yawning. "And you will open your own surgery?" He added.

"Maybe." He shrugged under his blanket. "It will be fun, and I really love helping people. But my days will be the same, little variation. Of course I love to open my own surgery. Saving people their life. But sitting the whole day in the same room. Is just... I dunno, dull." He sighed.

"Dull? You are starting to sound like me, John." He teased. John chuckled, looking amused into Sherlock's eyes. Sherlock chuckled as well.

"If you need any distraction someday. You can phone me, I'm sure I will need someone to examine the death bodies sometime. I bet some annoying people will run in the way." He said the last sentence in annoyance.

"Yeh. Sounds amazing." John said lovely.

Sherlock couldn't remove the big smile onto his face. Him and John solving crimes together. Wouldn't that be amazing? Sherlock and John said goodnight and both boys fell asleep.