12. The feels

Sorry for the delay, schoooool...

Please tell me if there is any grammar mistake. (I'm dutch) xx

They finished their lunch. After hours chatting and eating they're planning to leave. Like Sherlock predicted, the waitress left her phone number under John's plate. John just huffed as he found out. He crumpled the paper into a ball, wanting to burn it. He knew that it would be ridiculous stupid to do. So he just put it into his pocket and grabbed his jacket. Sherlock interrupted John's actions.

"John, I need the loo." He said as he stood up. John nodded.

Sherlock disappeared through the door of the bathroom, and immediately when he was gone, the waitress locked her eyes on John. John felt her staring at him. 'Shit' He thought. He briefly glanced over at her and dammit they made eye contact. She smiled, blushing a bit. John swallowed, shifting uncomfortably in his seat and looked away, grabbing his phone, searching for Sherlock's phone number. He needed to phone someone as distraction to avoid a conversation with the interested waitress. The girl was hesitating to come over to John, and John knew she wanted to talk to him. She won't come if he was phoning.

She was still working and it would be rude to disturb a customer while phoning. She could lose her job. John found Sherlock's number and pressed on the call button. The girl her expression switched from nervous to disappointed, when she saw John phoning.

"What the heck John. I'm gone for half a minute." Sherlock hissed through the phone.

"I know I know. But hurry up." He demanded.

"Why?"

"The girl, I feel like she is coming to me." He said as he briefly looked over at her.

Sherlock rolled his eyes. Slightly chuckling at the sign of an anxious John. "Okay, I turn off now."

"No, don't." John snapped.

"John, how I am supposed to finish with one hand." Sherlock informed him.

"Yes, right." He sighed.

"You'll be fine." Sherlock said charming, and hung up. John kept holding his phone at his ear, pretending he was still phoning someone. He looked at the girl out of the corner of his eye. She was struggling. John's eyes flickered over to the bathroom door that opened and sighed with relief as he saw Sherlock appearing the room. He mumbled 'bye' to his phone and laid his phone on the table.

Sherlock glanced at John and then at the waitress. He rolled his eyes, walking over to her. "John is taken." He said bluntly, and strolled towards the table. The girl was mumbling something unintelligible. John frowned. "What did you say?" He asked nervously.

"Don't worry John." He said in reassuring. "I've told her that you are dating already." He said as he grabbed his coat, shrugging it on.

"Oh... Well, thanks." John smiled.

--

Both boys left the restaurant and headed for John's car, climbing inside.

"You've dated plenty girls. Refusing should be easy for you" Sherlock said out of nothing. John started the engine, turning his head to glance at Sherlock. "Doesn't mean I like it though." He said, thrusting the car forwards. "And I didn't date plenty." He added. The car spun onto the roadway with a soft screech.

Sherlock settled him in a comforting sitting position. His legs crossed and arms crossed behind his head. "How many girls you've dated?" He asked mildly with closed eyes.

"I never really had a term relationship. My longest relationship was 2 months I guess. I didn't count the many failed relationships" He shrugged.

"How come?"

"I don't know. I really don't. I'm probably the worst boyfriend ever." He chuckled. Sherlock chuckled as well, staring outside. "Maybe it's because you're making pig noises." Sherlock joked.

Sherlock turned and looked at him just as John also turned to look. Their eyes meet and they promptly burst out laughing.

"But seriously, I don't know what I do wrong." John said as he tried to get himself under control. "It's certainly not your looks." Sherlock said through chuckles. Both boys froze. That sentence wasn't supposed to leave Sherlock's cupid bow lips. Sherlock was thinking how he can fix this. He didn't want to make john feel uncomfortable.

John was thinking as well. Did Sherlock just say John looked good? John couldn't stop thinking about it. He blushed slightly at the thoughts from this unexpected sentence. He certainly didn't expect this from Sherlock. He was losing the concentration on the road and the car shifted slowly to the right side, car wheels crossing the middle line.

"Car!" Sherlock shouted as his hand shot out and yanked the steering wheel hard left.

"God. I'm sorry." John said as he jumped more forward, shaking his head. Sherlock didn't answer him. A couple minutes later. "John." Sherlock said. "Hmm?" John replied. "I need to go to my mind palace. So don't panic. I'm not dead" Sherlock said, bit teasingly. John sneaked a small smile.

"Can't you wait? I mean. We're there in 2 minutes."

"Oh, yes okay." He answered stiffly.

"You know. They told me... I'm treating them like a friend." John said, hesitating a bit. Sherlock frowned, he didn't thought John would continue this conversation, after Sherlock told John that he looks good. Sherlock flickered his eyes towards John. He really didn't know what to answer on that, so he just hummed. The rest of the drive continued in silence.

John pulled the car into the parking lot, and they stepped out. When they reached the dorm room. Sherlock told John he was going to the rooftop. He needed to visit his mind palace. John was curious, but of course Sherlock didn't tell him the reason. Because Sherlock's going to think about John. Figuring out what was happening between them. He wanted to know what the feeling in his tummy meant. He was confused.

Meanwhile Sherlock was on the rooftop. John flopped down on his bed, grabbing a book with a cup of tea and started to read the hobbit. He loved the hobbit.

It's been four hours, dark already and Sherlock still didn't return. John was slightly worried so he rose up and walked towards the rooftop. When he opened the door he saw Sherlock. He sighed in relief and walked closer. John smiled when he saw Sherlock sleeping. His long eyelashes brush the skin under his eyes. He looked peaceful when he's resting, so young and innocent. It's very endearing, like he doesn't have the weight of the world resting heavily on his shoulder. He looked like a regular guy, not the bullied boy whose entire life has been seeing pain, bullies and hurt.

The moon lights shined on him and made his skin glow. Illumating his face, making him look so beautiful, it almost hurts. John blinked slowly, and bite his lip, feeling a strange dip in his stomach. He never thought he would call a boy beautiful. He crouched down in front of Sherlock. Before he woke up Sherlock. He wanted to watch his friend closely. The closer the more his stomach tickled. Suddenly reality came across John. What was he thinking? These feelings will be probably just friendship feelings. Loving your friend, like close best friends. Nothing romantic. John thought.

"Pssst, Sherlock." John said, as he nudged him.

And then, John thought he would die as those beautiful pale blue eyes were staring at him. John was blushing fervently. He coughed. "You better come back downstairs, Sherlock. It's late." John said.

"Yeah." Sherlock said sleepily. John reached out his hand, and Sherlock took it. "I still need to check your wound though." John informed.

Sherlock found out, what he didn't want to find out. He is in love with John Hamish Watson.