Arranged Marriage

s/o to caitlinm2014 & Naomie_Hemmo_Horan for helping me think of names! I've decided on Kayla Parker. So kind of combining the two names I guess :)

~

"Kayla come down here!" I heard my mum yell.

I sighed and shut my MacBook off. I was trying to write a story because why not right? I've got so many great ideas and I'm only on the first chapter.

"Yes mum?" I asked when I got down the stairs and entered the living room.

She sighed, "I've decided that.. I want to get you an arranged marriage," anger bubbled up inside me. "it will be good for you, plus you need to get married & have kids sometime right?" she added.

"Mum! Why? Why can't I fall in love?! Not be arranged to marry some stranger that I don't even know!" I almost yelled.

"Because the last time you had a date was 3 years ago, your 22 now and you need to get your life together." She said.

"You'll meet him & his family tomorrow! Now go to bed, you've got a big day ahead of you now!" you said excitedly and smiled.

I rolled my eyes and stomped upstairs like i just got in trouble or something.

~Brooklyn~

"Son, you're getting an arranged marriage." my dad told me.

"WHAT?!" I yelled.

"Brooklyn calm down, I know it's hard to hear but you'll be fine! she is a lovely young lady and she's perfect for you!"

"But mum I want to fall in love! Not just marry some random girl!" I protested.

"Yes but you're 24 now and you need to get your life together and start a family, she will be coming over tomorrow with her mum. I expect you to be on your best behavior." she told me.

I sighed, "I'm going to bed." and then I walked upstairs to my room.

-Skip to dinner-
~Kayla~

I was dressed in a white lace dress and my hair was just left down. I ran down stairs and got my ballet flats and put them on. I had my phone in my hand and my mom came down the stairs and grabbed her car keys.

She saw my phone, "Leave it."

"Ughh," I groaned and set it down on the kitchen table. "What's wrong with taking my phone?" I asked.

"We are going to visit now let's go!" my mum said getting a little mad.

~Brooklyn~

An arranged marriage. What's the point? I mean it's probably not even gonna work out if you ask me.

"Brooklyn they're here! Come down here now!" My dad yelled. I put down my phone and jogged down the stairs.

"Ready to meet your future wife?" my mum asked as she put her hand on the door knob.

"I guess.." I said as she opened the door.

The young girl looked up and into my eyes. She is absolutely beautiful, I couldn't help but stare.

"Come in, come in!" my mum said and stepped out of the way to make room for the girl and her mum.

I stuck out my hand, "I'm Brooklyn.. uh Brooklyn Beckham." I introduced myself.

She smiled, "I'm Kayla.. Kayla Parker."

Kayla.. perfect name for a perfect girl like her.

-Skip boring talk-
~Kayla~

Damn. Brooklyn sure was hot.

Kayla stop. You're getting an arranged marriage.

_______________
I was hoping to get to 1,000 words but guess not

wc - 551 (wc: word count, 551 not including this a/n)

xx, fb