Thief

your POV

•••

i often think of the time 1 year ago when the most important thing in my life left.

He left.

Brooklyn left.

flashback

"maymay i'm sorry.. i just can't do this anymore," he said with his head down.

"b-brook what do you mean..?" you knew what he meant, you've seen the photos of him with another girl.

"i-i think we s-should break up,"

"brooklyn..."

"i have to go.. bye." he said and with that.. he was gone. Forever.

present day

1 year, 2 months and, 6 days since brooklyn left. i try not to think about it too much but whenever i wake up i feel the empty space in the bed.

it was 2:00 in the morning and i was sitting on the couch looking at photos of brooklyn and chloë.

knock, knock

why would someone be at my door at 2 am? i questioned myself.

i slowly turned the knob and to my surprise, brooklyn beckham stood there with a bouquet of flowers and puffy eyes.

"can we talk?" he asked.

"um.. sure," i said a little hesitant.

he set the flowers down on the coffee table and we sat on the couch.

"i'm so, so, so sorry..." he started but then fell apart in my arms.

about 15 minutes later brooklyn stopped crying and finally started to talk.

"Look, i regret the night that i walked out that door.. i regret leaving you and  breaking your heart. but i still love you and i never stopped. i still want you maymay!"

you cried, thousands words buzzing inside my head.

he broke your heart

but i love him

"maymay please say something... please" he begged.

"i-i can't be with you, you hurt me.. you left me. i don't know if i can forgive you for that," i told him.

by now we were both a mess.

"maymay please! i love you!" he argued.

"then you should have thought about that before you left me.." you fired back.

"now leave! i'm pretty sure you know where the door is considering that's the same one you went out the first time you left!" you pretty much screamed at him.

"fine this was a mistake anyways,"

the words that came out of his mouth struck you like lightning.

a mistake...

After that, he  ever came back. Turns out he was a thief that stole my heart.

•••

woah savage little one...

this is for @mayyam12395
hope you liked it!