Chapter 8

Gwen and Peter were alone for once. Peter's mixtape was playing in the background. Gwen was sitting in a chair, twirling a piece of hair in between her fingers, staring off into space. Peter was leaning against the table with his arms crossed over his chest as he watched her.

"You're not going to let her take you away from me, are you?" Peter asked. Gwen looked up at Peter and smiled.

"I couldn't stand to be away from you. I don't care if she would be taking me to my parents or not, I'm not leaving your side" Gwen said. Peter smiled at her. Gwen sat up and hugged Peter. He wrapped his arms around her in return, not wanting to let go of her. Gwen looked up at Peter and he looked back at her. His green eyes pierced right into her purple ones. They both started leaning in but were interrupted by Rocket.

"Heads up! We're inbound" he said. Peter and Gwen let go of each other and went to see what Rocket was on about. They were coming close to a planet.

"What is it?" Drax asked

"It's called Knowhere. The severed head of an ancient celestial being. Be wary headed in, rodent. There are no regulations whatsoever here" Gamora said. When they landed, Gamora explained the planets backstory.

"Hundreds of years ago, the Tivan Group sent workers in to mine the organic matter within the skull. Bone, brain tissue, spinal fluid. All rare resources, highly valued in black markets across the galaxy. It's dangerous and illegal work, suitable only for outlaws" Gamora explained

"Well I come from a planet of outlaws. Billy the Kid, Bonnie and Clyde, John Stamos" Peter said

"Sounds like a place which I would like to visit" Drax said

"You should" Peter said. Gwen saw a bouncer kicking a guy out of a blue lit room.

"Your buyers in there?" Rocket asked

"We are to wait here for his representative" Gamora said

"This is no respectable establishment. What do you expect us to do while we wait?" Drax asked

~

They all went to a bar. Rocket and Drax were off somewhere probably getting drunk. Groot went with them. Gamora insisted on pulling Gwen aside to speak to her about going to Kosmo but Gwen politely declined. Gamora then went off somewhere. Gwen saw a balcony and decided to get some fresh air. Her peace was interrupted when she was joined by Peter.

"Man, you wouldn't believe what they charge for fuel out here. I might actually lose money on this job" Peter said

"Well we're going to be here a while. Gamora said her connection is making us wait" Gwen said

"Is she still trying to take you to your parents?" Peter asked

"Yeah but I keep declining. I made a promise to never leave your side again" Gwen said

"I hope your not just staying because of the promise" Peter said

"Of coarse not. You're my best friend and I care about you a lot" Gwen said. She saw Peter's headphones around his neck. She took them and put them on her head. Peter smiled and turned on his walkman. A romantic pop song started playing. Gwen recognized it as Fooled Around and Fell In Love by Elvin Bishop. Peter had put this song on the mixtape he made for her. She looked up at Peter and smiled. Peter let his hand wrap around hers. Both of them started leaning in and this time, their lips just brushed against each other. Their lips then connected. Peter let his free hand rest on Gwen's waist and Gwen's free hand rested on the back of his neck. They both pulled away slowly and stared at each other.

"Gwen, I love-" Peter was interrupted by a loud thud. Both Gwen and Peter turned their heads and saw Drax beating up Groot. Both Peter and Gwen went to go intervene but Gamora had beaten them to it. She had pulled Drax off of Groot. Rocket pointed his gun at Drax.