Chapter 12

They all got suited up and when it came time for Yondu to hear the plan, Gwen explained it with the help of Peter.

"The Stone reacts to anything organic. The bigger the target, the bigger the power surge" Gwen explained

"All Ronan's got to do is touch the Stone to the planet's surface and zap. All plants, animals, Nova Corps" Peter said

"Everything will die" Gwen said

"So Ronan does not make the surface. Rocket will lead a team to blow a hole in the Dark Aster's starboard hull. Then, our craft and Yondu's will enter" Peter said

"Won't there be hundreds of Sakaraan soldiers inside?" one of the ravagers asked

"I think of Sakaraan as paper people" Drax said

"Once they know we're on board, Ronan will isolate himself behind impenetrable security doors on deck. Which Gamora can disable by dismantling the power source" Gwen said. Gamora nodded in response.

"We'll make it to the flight deck, and I'll use the Hadron Enforcer to kill Ronan" Peter said

"And if for some reason that doesn't work, I have a little trick up my sleeve. Once Ronan is dead, we will retrieve the Stone. Use these devices to contain it. If you touch it, it will kill you" Gwen said

"I'll contact one of the Nova officers that arrested us. Hopefully they'll believe that we're here to help" Peter said

"There's one more thing we need to complete the plan. That guys eye" Rocket said

"No we don't. We don't need that guys eye" Peter said

"No seriously I need it. It's important to me" Rocket said, holding in a laugh.

"Just when I was actually starting to like you" Gwen said

~

Peter and Gwen were waiting with each other. Gwen was pacing back and forth while Peter watched her. He looked her up and down and noticed she didn't arm herself with any weapons.

"How are you going to fight without any weapons?" Peter asked

"I think it's time to see exactly what my powers are capable of. I don't use them often but when I do, I usually use them to stun others. I've never used them to kill anyone" Gwen said. Peter stood in front of and touched her arms.

"Alright but if you start feeling weak, do not overwork yourself and stay behind me, okay?" Peter said. Gwen nodded. They were both silent for a minute.

"Gwen, if we survive this, I have a surprise for you" Peter said

"Peter, we are going to make it through this, don't worry. I can't wait to see your surprise" Gwen said.

"Gwen, there's something else, that I really need to tell you. I'm in lo-" Peter was interrupted when Yondu stepped in.

"Remember you two, at the end of this, I get the stone. Cross me, we kill you all" Yondu said. Both Gwen and Peter nodded.

~

They finally went into action. Rocket got into his own ship and he led the fleet of Ravagers while Gwen, Peter, Gamora, Drax and Groot were all in the Milano.

"This is a terrible plan" Gamora said

"You're the one who said you wanted to die among friends" Peter said. Gwen looked ahead and saw that the Ravager's tried to shoot at Ronan's ship but it was protected by a force field.

"Peter" Gwen said, reaching over and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry" Peter said. He submerged the ship so it would fly under. Gwen noticed Rocket's ship fly by.

"Rocket, hurry" Gwen said. A fleet of ships came out from Ronan's ship. Gwen closed her eyes. Today is going to be the day I die. She thought to herself.

"Quill! Yondu! Now!" Rocket's voice emitted. Gwen opened her eyes and let out a sigh. She was panicking too much which was causing the energy throughout her body to build up to the point where it was becoming painful. She groaned a little in pain. She saw Peter glance at her for a moment but his focus was on getting into Ronan's ship. Instead, Gamora reached over and placed her hand upon Gwen's.

"Are you alright, Gwen?" Gamora asked

"Yeah. It's just the energy. It's never caused me pain before" Gwen said

"It's just building up. You must hold it until you can release it" Gamora said. Gwen nodded.

"I'm going down Quill! No more games with me boy! I'll see you and Pierce at the end of this" Yondu suddenly alerted. Now Gwen was really starting to panic. It didn't help that more of Ronan's fleet were out there.

"There's too many of them Rocket. We'll never make it up there!" Gamora asked. Out of the corner of her eye, Gwen saw a light coming out of the markings on her skin. Oh crap. This can't be good. Drax looked over and noticed.

"Pierce, you're starting to glow" Drax commented

"I see that" Gwen said.

"This is Denarian Saal of the Nova Corps. For the record, I advised against trusting you here" a voice alerted.

"Yes! They got my dick message!" Peter said

"Prove me wrong" Saal said. Peter then revved the engine and soon enough they were in Ronan's ship. Drax laughed as the ship continued to speed, Groot had a worried expression and Gwen was to the point where she was almost a walking glow stick. Peter shot at any of Ronan's men that he could see. They finally landed. Gwen felt her nerves calm a bit and the light started to fade just before Peter could face her.

"We got step one down" Peter said

"Yay" Gwen said