Chapter 9

The place was destroyed. Gamora got up and enclosed the infinity stone back in the orb. She grabbed it. Peter stood up and held out his hand for Gwen. She took it and he helped her up.

"Are you alright?" Peter asked

"Yeah" Gwen replied. They then followed Gamora outside.

"How could I think Tivan could contain whatever was within the Orb?" Gamora said

"What do you still have it for?" Rocket asked

"What are we going to do, leave it in there?" Peter asked

"You had that in your purse!" Rocket said

"It's not a purse, it's a knapsack" Peter said

"We have to bring this to the Nova Corp. There's a chance they could contain it" Gamora said

"I agree with Gamora on this" Gwen chimed in

"Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Corps. Just give it to Ronan!" Rocket said

"So he can destroy the galaxy?" Peter asked

"What are you, some saint all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?" Rocket asked

"Because I'm one of the idiots that leaves in it!" Peter said. Gwen stepped in front of Peter and placed both of her hands on his arms.

"Peter, listen. We should do what Gamora said. We can't let Ronan get the Orb. We have to get back to the ship and deliver it to Nova Corp" Gwen said

"Alright or-" Peter said

"Or? Or what Peter?" Gwen asked

"We can give it to someone who is not going to arrest us, who's really nice for a lot of money" Peter said

"What the hell is wrong with you? We have to take it to Nova Corp or else the whole galaxy will be in danger! You can be the biggest idiot sometimes Peter Jason Quill!" Gwen snapped at Peter. He looked at her in surprise. Never once has Gwen yelled at Peter like that. 'Great. Now you've done it' Peter thought to himself. Gwen stepped away from Peter and walked over to Gamora.

"Gamora, when this is all over, please take me to see my parents" Gwen said. Gamora nodded in response. Peter heard what Gwen said and his heart broke.

"What?" Peter said. Gwen ignored him.

"Oh no" Gamora said. Ronan and his followers had found the group and now there were ships preparing to land. Drax was standing with both of his knives in his hands.

"At last! I shall meet my foe and destroy him" Drax said

"You called Ronan!" Peter said. Just around the corner came Yondu and the Ravagers.

"Quill and Pierce! Don't you two move!" Yondu said. Gamora grabbed Gwen's wrist and leaned in close to her ear.

"Come with me, your highness" Gamora said. Gwen nodded and the two ran off. Peter followed them followed by Rocket and Groot. Gamora lead them to a group of pods. One opened and Gamora kicked the guy who was inside out. She then turned to Gwen.

"Do you think you can fly this thing?" Gamora asked

"Yeah. I fly the ship once in awhile" Gwen explained

"Then get in" Gamora said. Gwen obeyed Gamora and Gamora went into another pod. Peter and Rocket each got a pod. They all had take off. Gamora led the way as the four of them tried to escape. Gamora and Gwen went one direction while Peter and Rocket went the other.

"Your highness, why are you following me? Your putting yourself in danger" Gamora said, through a few grunts.

"Like I said before, you protect me, I try to protect you" Gwen said

"You're being foolish, your highness" Gamora said. Gwen just ignored her and continued dodging shots and following Gamora. Gamora then became trapped.

"Your highness, I'm trapped. I can't make it to the Milano. I have to head out" Gamora said

"Then I'm going with you" Gwen said. Peter must have overheard them.

"What? Are you two crazy? These things are not meant to go out there" Peter said. Both Gamora and Gwen ignored him. Gwen was taken by surprise when she saw that Gamora's pod was shot by Nebula.

"Gamora!" Gwen yelled. Gwen saw Gamora's body floating and Gwen knew that if she didn't do anything, Gamora could die. She hadn't even noticed that Peter and Rocket followed her and that they were on either side of her.

"Pierce, come on. Her body mods should keep her alive a couple more minutes, but there's nothing we can do for her. These pods aren't meant to be out here. In a second, we're gonna be in the same boat" Rocket said. Rocket started to make his way back.

"Gwen, come on. Rocket's right" Peter said. Gwen ignored Peter again and made a call.

"Yondu, this is Pierce. My coordinates are 227K324, just outside Knowhere. If you're there, come get me. I'm all yours" Gwen said.

"Gwen, what the hell are you doing?" Peter asked

"I'm breaking a promise Peter. I'm sorry" Gwen said. She pressed her finger behind her ear, causing her mask to appear over her face. She opened the pod and clicked her heels and flew over to Gamora. Once she was close enough to Gamora, she clicked her heels again and held Gamora in her arms. Gwen pressed a finger behind her ear and took the mask off. She placed it on Gamora and the mask appeared over Gamora's face. Gwen heard Gamora breathing. Yondu came just in time and brought the two into his ship. Both Gwen and Gamora took a deep breath. Gwen removed the mask from Gamora. Both of them sat up.

"Gwen?" Gamora said. Gwen smiled.

"Look at that. You called me Gwen" she said

"What happened?" Gamora said

"I couldn't just leave you out there to die. I did what I had to do and I think my duty as a princess is to-" Gamora cut Gwen off

"Where's the Orb?" Gamora asked

"Oh, umm, they got the Orb" Gwen said

"What?" Gamora said. The Ravagers entered the room.

"Welcome home Gwen"