Chapter 16

Gwen went with a purple dress, considering everything on her planet was purple, and since she only had purple dresses in her closet. She wore a purple gown that had a deep neckline and a silk cape attached to it. Gwen looked at herself in the mirror and smiled.

"Wow" she heard Peter mutter behind her. She turned around and caught him staring at her.

"I never thought I'd see you in a dress" Peter said, walking over to Gwen.

"Neither did I" Gwen said. When Peter walked up to her, he placed his hands on her waist.

"You look really beautiful" Peter said, leaning in to kiss Gwen.

"Thank you" she breathed against his lips before their lips touched. This kiss wasn't like one they shared before. It was full of passion and lust. However, they were interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Sister, I've come to fetch you" a girl said in a snooty tone. Both Gwen and Peter turned their attention, towards Gwen's sister, Helena. Much like Gwen, Helena had purple hair except hers was in a pixie cut.

"Oh, you must be my sister Helena" Gwen said

"Yeah, yeah" Helena said. When her attention averted towards Peter, Helena smirked at him.

"Well hello there handsome" Helena said, making her way over to Peter. Before Helena could even get close to Peter, Gwen stepped in front of him.

"What do you think you're doing? Peter's my boyfriend" Gwen said.

"Ooh, mom and dad aren't going to be too happy about that" Helena said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Gwen asked

"They'll tell you themselves, now come down for dinner. I already fetched your other friends" Helena said. She smiled flirtatiously at Peter, before leaving.

"Well that was weird" Peter said

"Yeah it was. Anyways, let's get downstairs" Gwen said. Gwen made her way for the bedroom door when Peter stopped her.

"If we tell you're parents we're together, will they get upset?" Peter asked

"There's only one way to find out" Gwen said. She grabbed Peter's hand and they went down to the dining area. When they got there, the other Guardians were already seated. Helena was sitting, staring down Gwen when she walked in and giving Peter a wink when she caught his eye. Then there were her parents, talking to a man she has never seen before.

"Mom, dad, who is this?" Gwen asked, motioning to the purple haired man. She knew he was Kosmonian for sure judging by the purple hair.

"Gwendalyn, this is Quentin" Ophelia said, leading Quentin over to to Gwen. When Gwen was closer to Quentin, she could say that he was handsome but he was not even close enough to compare to Peter.

"It's an honour to meet you Princess Gwendalyn" Quentin said. He took Gwen's hand and kissed it. Peter glared at him. How dare he flirt with my girlfriend.

"It's...uh...nice to meet you too" Gwen said, pulling her hand away and moving closer towards Peter. He put a protective arm around her waist. Quentin noticed this and glared at Peter.

"And who might the Terran be?" Quentin asked. Peter glared even harder at Quentin.

"Peter Quill, people call me Star-Lord, and I'm also Gwen's boyfriend" Peter let out as a growl. Quentin let out a laugh.

"How can you be her boyfriend, when I am her husband to be?" Quentin said. If looks could kill, Peter would be back in prison.