Chapter 18

Gamora didn't know what she was supposed to do. She can't kill her friends, but if she doesn't kill them, they're going to die anyways. She needed to consult Gwen. When she was standing in front of Gwen's bedroom door, she knocked and waited for an answer. It was Peter who opened the door. 

"Gamora, now isn't a good time. Gwen isn't in the mood to talk" he explained

"Move out of the way. I need to tell her something" Gamora said. Peter crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the door frame.

"Well, my girlfriend is in no mood. Tell me so I can pass it on to her" he said. Gamora ignored him and shoved him out of her way so she could get to the princess of Kosmo.

"Gwen, I have something very urgent I need to discuss with you" Gwen nodded as Peter stepped closer to them. Gamora turned his head to look at him and glared. "Alone"

"Fine but don't think that my ear won't be pressed against the door" Peter said, then he left the two girls alone, closing the door behind him. As soon as the door was shut, he pressed his ear against it. Gamora knew he was listening but she didn't really care.

"What is this about?" Gwen asked her green friend.

"It's about your parents" 

"If you're here to tell me how much of a couple of assholes they are, I figured that one out on my own" Gwen said

"It's not that, though it is true. They want me to kill Peter" Gamora said.

"WHAT!?" It didn't come from Gwen, but from Peter when he burst through the door. "Her parents want me dead, and they're putting you in charge of it!?" 

"I wish not to do it, but if I fail, then she kills Rocket, Drax and I as well" Gamora explained.

"Why not me? If they think they're going to kill my boyfriend and my friends, then they have to kill me too!" Gwen said.

"Hey, hey, no one is going to die. I mean, if anyone deserves to, it's your parents and that asshole who thinks he can just take you away from me" Peter said

"No one said Quentin is in on it" Gwen said

"I know. I just don't like him" Peter said. It was at that moment that Rocket and Drax entered the room.

"What's with all the yelling? I'm trying to get Groot to fall asleep" Rocket said. Peter, Gwen and Gamora all looked at each other, and then Gamora nodded as she was going to be the one to break the news to the other two.

"Xavier and Ophelia plan to kill us" Gamora said. 

"You can never trust royalty, can you?" Rocket said

"Gwen is royalty and I trust her" Drax commented.

"Yes, but I'm not the one planning to kill all of you. That would be my parents" Gwen said.

"But they were worshipping us when we landed. Why would they want to kill us?" Drax asked. Gwen thought the same thing. Why would her parents want to kill her friends? Surely they like them, with the exception of Peter for obvious reasons. Maybe it was just all an act? Maybe she was wrong about her people. They were savages who wanted to kill anyone who wasn't like them.

"Guys, what are we going to do? I can't let them kill you!" Gwen said

"We need to come up with a plan" Peter said. There was a knock on the door, interrupting the Guardians. It was Ophelia, wearing a fake smile.

"I suggest you all go to your rooms and head off to bed. Tomorrow we celebrate with a festive dinner and a ball. I want you all to have you your energy for tomorrow" Ophelia said, then left the room.

"Rocket, you're good at plans. Do you think you can come up with something?" Gwen asked.

"Of course I can" Rocket said. Little did they know that Ophelia, Xavier and Quentin were planning something of their own as well.