Chapter 17

"Excuse me?" was all that could come out of Peter's mouth.

"I'm going to marry Gwendalyn" Quentin said. He reached over to grab Gwen's hand. Peter let out a possessive growl and quickly stepped in front of his girlfriend.

"Her name is Gwen," Peter corrected rather harshly, "and if you think I'm going to let you marry my girlfriend, you have another thing coming to you" Quentin couldn't help but let out a loud laugh.

"Oh please. There is no way she'd fall in love with a Terran" he snorted. Gwen looked at him with anger. She stepped away from Peter and stood in front of Quentin.

"I don't know who you think you are, but it is definitely not going to be my husband. I love Peter and there is nothing that anybody can say to change my mind otherwise, especially not some pompous asshole like yourself. Now you two," Gwen said stepping away from a shocked Quentin. "I don't care if you're my parents, or the King and Queen, you do not have the right to pick a husband for me. Don't you two even dare speak to me until you've learned to accept that Peter and I love each other" She stomped off to her room leaving her parents and Quentin angry, the other Guardians shocked and Peter quite pleased

"She's hot when she's mad, isn't she?" Peter said, looking smugly at Quentin. With that, he sauntered off after his girlfriend. Once he was gone, Xavier and Ophelia turned to the Guardians.

"Will all of you please make your way to your rooms? Everyone but Gamora please" Ophelia said. Drax and Rocket, whom was carrying Groot in his pot, walked off. Gamora stood waiting to hear what the King and Queen had to say to her. Instead of words, she was struck in the face by Ophelia.

"You stupid girl! We gave you a duty! You were supposed to bring back our daughter, and only our daughter!"

"Now here she is, in love with a pathetic Terran!" Xavier exclaimed.

"That is not my fault, your highnesses" Gamora said as calmly as she could. Ophelia growled angrily and gripped onto Gamora's neck, lifting her up off the ground. Gamora started struggling. She could feel the strength and the heat of Ophelia's powers.

"Do you not remember our promise we made to you? What we promised we'd do if you were successful?"

"I-I do" Gamora coughed.

"Well, that promise can still be made if you can do us a favor. We have great powers you know, and we can make it happen, but you have to earn your reward. You must kill the Terran so our daughter can marry Quentin. If you fail to do so, my husband and I will not hesitate kill him ourselves. Then we'll kill you and the others. Do you understand?" Gamora tried to answer but she was slowly losing her breath from Ophelia's grip.

"Darling, you can let her go. She understands her task" Xavier told his wife. Ophelia let go of Gamora, whom fell to the ground with a thud. She started coughing, holding her hand to her throat. Ophelia glared down at Gamora.

"Do not disappoint us or you will suffer the consequences"