Chapter 25

"What's a blessing ceremony?" Peter asked.

"A blessing ceremony--"

"Is a Kosmonian ceremony in which the King and Queen bless a couple before they choose to get married. It's said to keep to the couple in love forever and give them a happy marriage, if they choose to do so" Gwen explained.

"It's usually done on the night before a Kosmonian wedding, but we'd like to do this for you two. Remember, we aren't wedding you two, we're just giving you the blessing for a potential marriage" Ophelia said. 

"What do you say Peter? You wanna do this?"

"Let's do it" 

~

Usually a blessing ceremony was a private one, done only in the company of the couple in question, and the King and Queen. However, Gamora, Rocket, Groot and Drax were allowed to attend. Peter and Gwen held hands as they stood under an archway, blooming with Kosmils. Kosmils were flowers, purple of course, believed to have powers to give couple eternal happiness. They only grew on Kosmo. Xavier and Ophelia stood in front of the couple, both of them holding goblets.

"These goblets both contain a potion. This potion ensures that soulmates will never let their love die for each other. It is a mix of Kosmils and Kosmonian heart berries. Both are signs of love on our planet. Peter, you will drink from the goblet Xavier gives you. Gwen, you will drink from the goblet I give you. But before you drink, you must repeat after us. Peter, you will go first" Ophelia said. Xavier stepped forward, giving Peter the potion.

"I promise to love Gwen eternally and never let my love for her die" 

"I promise to love Gwen eternally and never let my love for her die" Peter said. 

"Now drink" Xavier said. Peter drank from the goblet. Now Ophelia stepped forward.

"I promise to love Peter eternally and never let my love for him die" 

"I promise to love Peter eternally and never let my love for him die" Gwen repeated.

"Now drink" Ophelia said. Gwen drank her potion. It was the sweetest thing she ever tasted before. 

"Please face each other and join your free hands together" Ophelia said. Both Gwen and Peter turned so that they were facing each other. They connected their hands.

"I, Queen Ophelia, bless Peter and Gwen"

"I, King Xavier, bless Peter and Gwen"

"Now, kiss each other" Ophelia said. Peter was the one to lean in a kiss Gwen. His hand cupped her cheek, while Gwen's arms wrapped around his neck. Their friends had cheered for them.

"You are now blessed! You may go now" Ophelia said. While everyone was starting to leave, Peter stayed put. Gwen didn't even notice that he stayed in the room.

"Is there something you need?" Ophelia asked.

"Yeah. I was wondering where I could get a ring" Peter asked with a smile.

~

It was until they were back on the Milano, that Gwen noticed that Peter was missing. 

"Hey, has anyone seen Peter?" Gwen asked.

"Did he not come with us?" Gamora said.

"Perhaps he got lost" Drax said.

"I'm sure he's fine. He knows how to take care of himself" Rocket said. 

"I guess so. I'm going to my bunk. Tell Peter to find me when he gets back" Gwen said. Just as she left for her bunk, Peter came back to the ship. He had come back with a purple velvet box.

"Hey Quill, what's in the box?" Rocket asked

"I'll show you guys but you have to promise not to tell Gwen" Peter said. They nodded in agreement. He opened it, revealing a sparkling, purple diamond.

"Peter, is that--" Gamora started, a smile creeping upon her face, 

"Yes, Gamora, it is" Peter said. 

"Why do you not want us to tell Gwen about this diamond? Have you stolen it?" Drax asked

"No. I don't want you telling her because this is an engagement ring"

                                                               I Need A Hero will return!