Chapter 20

"If those royal douches think that they can use that pathetic plan to get us, then they've got another thing coming to them" Rocket spoke to Groot as he walked to Gwen's room. When he approached it and opened the door, Rocket didn't expect to find Peter and Gwen, covered only by a thin sheet, kissing each other passionately. 

"Disgusting" Rocket muttered, causing Peter and Gwen to quickly pull apart from each other. 

"Rocket!" Gwen squealed as she hugged the sheet tightly to her chest.

"What the hell dude? Ever heard of knocking?" Peter said. 

"I have some news I'd think you'd like to hear" Rocket said

"At least get out so we can get dressed" Gwen demanded. Rocket seemed to ignore her as he kept on talking.

"Groot and I were taking a midnight stroll when we heard the King and Queen of assholes discussing their plan to get rid of us"

"Rocket!" Peter interrupted, "Gwen and I would rather you not discuss this while we're naked"

"Alright fine. I'll get the others. I just better not find you two making out when I get back. It will traumatize Groot" 

~

After Peter and Gwen got dressed, and Rocket returned with Gamora and Drax, he told them of the plan Xavier and Ophelia had in store for them. 

"They're planning to put some kind of sleeping poison in our drinks. Apparently it's supposed to make us weaker so it's easier for them to kill us. So first thing's first, we do not drink anything" Rocket said

"What are we supposed to do after that?" Gamora asked

"I assume that's where the ball comes in. The perfect place to kill us. Well, jokes on them because we'll be ready for a fight" Rocket said, crossing his arms with a smirk.

"If anyone is going to be kicking Quentin's ass, it's me" Peter said

"And what about guards Rocket? Have you not thought about that?" Gamora asked

"If there are guards, I will be the one to fight them" Drax said

"Uh, Rocket, I think you're forgetting that my people have powers and I know that they will not hesitate use them" Gwen said

"Then that's where you come in. You're the princess. Just tell them not to and I'm pretty sure they'll listen to you" Rocket said.

"It's worth a shot, but what about my parents?" Gwen asked

"Let me take care of them" Gamora said.

"And if anything goes wrong?" Gwen asked worriedly

"Then either we improvise or we're screwed" Rocket said

~

The following morning, Gwen decided to take morning walk in the courtyard. Peter was still sleeping in her room. As Gwen was wandering, looking at all the purple flowers, she felt a hand grip her waist. Her immediate reaction was to punch whoever it was. It turned out to be Quentin who had grabbed her fist before it could collide with his face.

"Now that's not very nice" he said

"Well that's what happens when you grab me like that" Gwen said

"So the Terran is allowed to touch you, but I can't? I'm the one who's going to marry you" Quentin questioned.

"First of all his name is Peter. Secondly, even he would end up getting punched in the face if he snuck up on me like that. Thirdly, there is no way in hell I'd ever marry you. If you ever touch me again, with or without permission, I will literally twist your head off of your body" Gwen said before she walked away. Quentin watched her walk away with a dark look in his eye.

"You'd better say goodbye to your precious Peter because you'll never see him again after I'm through with him" 

As Gwen was walking away, she was smirking and spoke to herself, "Peter is really going to enjoy kicking his ass. The pompous asshole won't even know what's coming"