Chapter 21

Night had approached quickly meaning it was time to put the Guardians' plan in place. Gwen was really nervous but everyone else didn't seem to worry about it. Rocket especially seemed rather confident. When it was time for dinner, Ophelia called all of them down to the dining room. Gwen and Peter entered first, hand in hand. Ophelia glanced at their connected hands and grimaced. The couple sat right across from Helena and Quentin. Peter did this on purpose for the sole purpose of glaring at him all night. There was an empty chair in between Ophelia and Gwen, which is where Gamora sat. This left Drax and Rocket to take the remaining seats.

"I see none of you have bothered to change" Ophelia said.

"Mother, this is what is comfortable for us" Gwen said.

"Well, wouldn't want you feeling uncomfortable now would we?" The real reason they hadn't bothered to change was to be ready for a fight, and it was easier to conceal weapons. One of the servants came around the table and began feeling their glasses with drinks.

"Actually mother, we're not that thirsty" Gwen said. She could see her mother's lip curl.

"Maybe you aren't but your friends might be" Ophelia said.

"I'm not that thirsty either" Peter said.

"Perhaps we could do without the drinks tonight" Gamora suggested. This made Rocket and Drax nod in agreement. Ophelia's lip curled even more. She hadn't thought of this. Why didn't she poison the food as well? Quentin shot the Queen a look, and it definitely wasn't a happy one.

"Fine. You must at least be hungry" Ophelia said. Everyone looked to Rocket for approval to eat.

"We're starving" he said

~

It was time for the ball. Ophelia and Xavier sat in their throne observing the scene in front of them. The whole planet came to celebrate the Guardians success of saving the galaxy. The Kosmonians had no idea of the King and Queen's intentions. Intentions, that so far have gone wrong.

"Look at those two. It's disgusting" Ophelia said as she watched Peter and Gwen dancing. Slow dancing in fact. They were smiling, clearly enjoying being so close to one another. At the same time, they were keeping an eye on Xavier, Ophelia and Quentin, whom was off in the corner off the room watching the two dance with a scowl.

"Do you think they're going to try and attack us?" Peter asked

"Not with everyone watching, and Rocket's gonna give us a signal when it's time to put our plan in action" Gwen said. Peter smirked at her making Gwen raise an eyebrow.

"What?" she asked

"Have I told you I love you, my Star-Princess?"

"You might have mentioned it once or twice, my Star-Lord" Gwen responded. Peter glanced over his shoulder, and a wicked smile appeared on his face.

"Peter Jason Quill, what are you thinking?" Gwen questioned.

"Quentin is watching us. Do you want to make him really mad?"

"How do you suggest we do that?" Gwen asked.

"This" Peter dipped Gwen, and then leaned in to press a passionate kiss to her lips. Gwen immediately melted into it, wrapping her arms tightly around him. Whatever Peter wanted to do worked because now Quentin was storming over towards them, his hand gripping onto the handle of his blade. Peter and Gwen came back up for air, staring deep into each other's eyes.

"You're gonna have to kiss me like that more often" Gwen said.

"Anytime, anywhere" Peter said. He went to lean in for another kiss when suddenly he was pulled away from Gwen. He turned around so that he was face to face with Quentin and a sharp, silver blade.

"Sorry Terran but it's time for you to die"