Chapter 22

"Any last words Terran?" Quentin said.

"Yes. Watch out" Peter said. Quentin was confused by Peter's statement but it was all made clear when Gamora jumped Quentin, knocking him to the ground. This is when all the guests went into a frenzy and started panicking. It's also when the guards were preparing to attack.

"Guys, what do we do now?" Gwen asked.

"Rocket, Drax and I will take care of the guards. Gamora is obviously busy. You try calming everyone down and get them somewhere safe" Peter said, then pressed his finger behind his ear, making his mask appear over his face. Gwen nodded and quickly rushed to aid her people. Unfortunately, a guard knocked her to the ground. She clutched her stomach, which is where the guard hit her.

"Dude, what the hell?" she groaned. The guard leaned down and gripped onto Gwen's hair, using it to pull her to her feet.

"Your parents have ordered that your precious Guardian friends are to die, and we have orders to make sure that you do nothing foolish. I'm taking you down to the dungeons" the guard said.

"I don't think so" Gwen said. She pulled one of her guns out of their holster. She shot an electric bolt at the guard, making him let go of her and drop to the ground. She smirked and blew where the spark came out of her gun. She then put it back in the holster. She proceeded on with her task at hand.

"Everyone, calm down please!" Gwen managed to shout over the screaming. Everyone quieted down at the sound of her voice. "I want everyone to follow me and I will lead you all to safety. No pushing or shoving!"

Everyone piled their way out of the ballroom. When everyone was out, Gwen looked back at her friends. They seemed to have everything under control. Rocket and Drax had taken out nearly all of the guards. Gamora had joined in on fighting the guards, leaving Peter to fight with Quentin. Peter was clearly winning. Gwen also noticed that her parents were missing from their thrones. That can't be good. She was hesitant to leave her friends when she knew her parents were up to something, but she promised she'd lead her people to safety. So that's what she did.

"Your highness, what is going on? Have one of our own betrayed us?" one of the guests asked.

"I'll explain afterwards. I just need to get you all safely out of the castle" Gwen said. She had eventually found a secret passage that lead out of the castle. When she returned to the ballroom, she found the scene had changed. Gamora was now fighting with Ophelia, Xavier was up against Drax and Rocket, and most amusing of all, Peter was rolling on the floor with Quentin.

"She's mine Terran!" Quentin said

"I don't think so! You don't even love her, so what's the point in marrying her?" Peter said.

"Like you'd make a better husband! She doesn't love you, just accept that!" Quentin said. Gwen felt her rage boil and, carefully without hitting Peter, sent a blast of energy at Quentin, hitting him in the head.

"Who dares use their power on me?" Quentin said, pushing Peter off of him and standing up. He looked at Gwen.

"How dare you hit your future husband!?" Quentin roared.

"If you keep talking about my boyfriend like that, you aren't even going to have a future" Gwen said. She now stood face to face with Quentin. She gave a glance to Peter, who was preparing to really show Quentin who's boss.

"I know what you're doing" Quentin said

"And what is that?" Gwen retorted. Quentin showed a menacing smirk.

"Distracting me so the Terran can defeat me. Unfortunately for him, the Queen is one step ahead" Quentin said. Gwen was about to question him when Gamora screamed.

"Peter, watch out!"

A strong force of energy knocked Peter to the ground. Ophelia marched towards him, sword in hand. Peter tried to move but Ophelia's energy wave had put him in pain. She towered over him, one foot by his hip and the other on his stomach.

"Say goodbye Terran"