Chapter 14

Gwen opened her eyes when she head O-O-H Child playing. She looked around and noticed that they had crashed. She heard Peter groaning in pain beside her.

"Peter" she spoke. Peter looked beside him and saw Gwen staring at him. He felt some relief flush over him.

"You're alive! I thought you died!" Peter said

"It's not my time yet" Gwen said. Peter placed his hand on her cheek and then pulled her into a kiss. They're intimate moment was cut short when Ronan stepped forward.

"You killed Groot!" Rocket shouted in anger. Rocket ran to Ronan but Ronan blasted him back. Peter and Gwen sat up and Peter protectively held Gwen in his arms.

"Your guardians of the galaxy. What fruit have they wrought? Only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. People of Xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounceyour paltry gods! Your salvation is at hand" Ronan said. As Ronan was speaking, Peter stood up. When Gwen looked at him, all he did was wink. Peter started to sing and dance to the song.

"Ooh child, things are gonna get easier. Ooh child, things will get brighter. Listen to these words" Peter said. Gwen nervously stood up as she watched Peter. Gwen knew exactly what he was trying to do. He was distracting Ronan.

"What are you doing?" Ronan asked

"Dance off bro. Me and you" Peter said. Peter looked to Gwen, and held out his hand for her. Gwen just shook her head and Peter went back to dancing.

"What are you doing!?" Ronan asked again

"I'm distracting you, you big turd blossom" Peter said. Drax then shot at Ronan and his staff broke, causing the stone to be freed. Peter jumped for the stone and then grabbed it before Ronan could. He screamed in pain as they were all caught in a cloud of purple.

"Peter! Take my hand!" Gwen screamed. Peter turned to look at Gwen and he slowly reached out his hand before taking hers in his. Gwen screamed in pain. Gamora then reached out and took Gwen's opposite hand. Drax placed his hand on Peter's arm. Finally, Rocket touched Drax's finger. They all stood together and faced Ronan.

"You're mortal! How?" Ronan said

"You said it yourself bitch. We're the Guardians of the Galaxy" Peter said. He opened his hand and let the purple stream kill Ronan. Gamora then quickly trapped the stone. The purple cloud faded. Peter and Gwen looked at each other.

"Well, well, well. Quite the light show. Ain't this sweet but you got some business to attend to before all the nookie-nookie starts" Yondu said. Gwen grabbed Peter's hand and looked up at him.

"We can't Peter" Gwen said

"You gotta reconsider this, Yondu. I don't know who you're selling this to, but the only way the universe can survive is if you give it to the Nova Corps" Peter said

"I may be as pretty as an angel but I sure as hell ain't one. Now hand it over, son" Yondu said. Peter gave the orb to Yondu.

"Yondu, do not open that orb. You know that right? You've seen what it does to people" Peter said. Yondu and the other ravagers left. When their ship left, Peter pulled out the actual orb with the stone.

"He's going to be so pissed when he realizes I switched out the orb on him" Peter said

"He was going to kill both of us" Gwen said

"But he was about the only family we had" Peter said.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that" Gwen said. Peter smiled.

"Can I have that kiss now?" Peter asked. Gwen placed a hand on the back of Peter's neck and pulled him into a much deserved kiss.

~

Back at Nova Corps, it was discovered that Peter was only part Terran.

"Why would you even know this?" Peter asked

"When we arrested you, we noticed an anomaly in your nervous system, so we had it checked out" Corpsman Dey said

"I'm not Terran?" Peter asked

"You're half Terran. Your mother was of Earth. Your father, well he's something very ancient we've never seen here before" Nova Prime said

"That must be why you were able to hold the stone for as long as you did" Gamora said

"Your friends have arrived. On behalf of the Nova Corps, we'd like to express our profound gratitude for your help in saving Xandar. If you will follow Denarian Dey, he has something to show you" Nova Prime said

"Thank you Nova Prime" Peter said. They started to walk off.

"Princess Gwendalyn, may I have a word with you" Nova Prime said. Peter quickly looked at Gwen and gave her a nod. Gwen gave Peter a quick kiss and walked up to Nova Prime.

"Your parents, Queen Ophelia and King Xavier have gotten in touch with me. They heard about what you have done and wish to reunite with you" Nova Prime said

"My parents want to meet me?" Gwen asked

"Yes. Quill agreed to take you to Kosmo so you can meet with them" Nova Prime said

"Thank you Nova Prime" Gwen said. Nova Prime bowed her head.

"You may join your friends now your highness" Nova Prime said. Gwen joined the others outside. It was just Peter, as he decided to wait up for her.

"Where are the others?" Gwen asked

"On the ship. I wanted to wait for you" Peter said. Gwen smiled and grabbed Peter's hand.

"Are you really going to take me to my family?" Gwen asked

"Well Gamora was going take you to them anyway's so it might as well be me who drops you off with them" Peter said. Gwen leaned in and kissed Peter.

"Thank you Peter" Gwen said. They made their way to the ship.

~

Gwen was sitting in silence, thinking about how the meeting with her parents will go? What do I say to them? Will they like me? Will they like my friends? Will they like Peter? Gwen's thoughts were interrupted when she heard Ain't No Mountain High Enough playing. She walked over to Peter. When he looked up at her, he smiled.

"You ready, Star-Lord?" Gwen asked

"I am your highness" Peter said. They both walked to the front of the ship and took their seats along with Drax and Rocket. Gamora walked up behind Gwen and placed her hand on Gwen's shoulder.

"So what should we do now? Something good? Something bad? Bit of both?" Peter asked, looking in Gwen's direction.

"How about a bit of both?" Gwen asked

"Sounds good, but first, we have an important visit to make" Peter said.