Chapter 15

Gwen was nervously pacing in her room. The Milano was set on a coarse for Kosmo and Gwen was just hours away from meeting her family. All day she had been practicing what she was going to say.

"Hello. How are you? It's nice to finally meet you...no,no. That's no good" Gwen said to herself. Peter walked by her room when he heard her talking to herself. Peter quietly pressed his ear up against the door.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you. I'm Gwen and...obviously they'd know that" Gwen said. Peter smiled, thinking how cute was that Gwen was practicing for her introduction to her parents. Peter was quite nervous himself to be honest. He was meeting his girlfriend's parents, whom just so happened to be the King and Queen of a planet. Peter knocked on the door, causing Gwen to go silent. The door opened and Gwen greeted Peter with a smile on her face.

"Hi Peter. You can come in" Gwen said. Peter stepped inside Gwen's room.

"I guess I should tell you we're almost there" Peter said. Gwen started taking deep breaths and panicking.

"Oh my god. Peter, I'm not ready for this. I can't do this" Gwen said. Peter placed his hands on Gwen's arms.

"It'll be okay Gwen. If it makes you feel any better, I'm nervous about meeting them too" Peter said

"Wait, we'll have to tell them we're together won't we?" Gwen asked

"We can wait if we have too. You need to catch up with them first" Peter said. Gwen smiled and placed a hand on his scruffy cheek and stroked it with her thumb.

"Thanks Peter" Gwen said. Peter leaned in to kiss Gwen but Gamora called for Gwen when she entered the room. Peter let out a huff of disappointment.

"Your highness, I need to discuss some things with you before we land" Gamora said. Gamora quickly looked at Peter.

"Alone" Gamora added

"Fine but I need my kiss first" Peter said, puckering his lips at Gwen. Gwen giggled and kissed him. Then he left Gamora and Gwen alone.

"You know, your parents are not going to be happy when they find out you and Quill have a thing going on" Gamora said

"They're my parents. I'm sure they'll understand my feelings for Peter and how strong they are" Gwen said.

"Gwen, you're expected to marry someone of the Kosmonian race. I thought I'd warn you now before they told you themselves" Gamora said. Before Gwen could respond to what Gamora said, Peter came back in.

"We've landed. Gwen, you should come see this" Peter said. He grabbed Gwen's hand and took her to the front of the ship. Drax and Rocket, who was holding baby Groot in his pot, stared in awe out the window.

"I got to say Pierce, your people really know how to throw a party" Rocket commented. Gwen stepped closer to the window. She took note of all the people who were waiting for the ship to land. They were all holding purple lanterns. The whole planet seemed to be lit up with bright purple lights.

"I've never seen so much purple before" Drax added.

"It seems that my people have a thing for purple" Gwen said

"That might explain the hair" Peter said, running his fingers through his girlfriend's hair. Gwen smiled at the feeling of Peter's fingers running through her hair.

"Are we ready to land?" Gamora's voice startled Gwen a bit. Everybody looked to Gwen for an answer, as the reason they were on this planet was for her.

"I'm ready" Gwen said. Rocket had landed the ship. Gamora walked up beside Gwen.

"It's time, your highness" Gamora said. Gwen took a big sigh and reached for Peter's hand. He gladly took it. Gamora stepped off the ship first, as she needed to speak with Gwen's parents. Gwen could hear cheering from outside.

"Something tells me they're all not just welcoming me" Gwen said

"Your people are cheering for all of us?" Drax asked

"I suppose. I think my people are grateful for that fact that we all just saved the galaxy. They want to show their thanks" Gwen explained.

"Man, I am already liking this planet" Rocket said, stepping off the ship. There were even more cheers coming from outside. Drax then stepped out without saying a word. More cheers followed. Gwen and Peter then looked at each other before they stepped off the ship, hand in hand. As soon as Gwen stepped off, everyone bowed for her. When she looked up ahead and saw the rest of the Guardians standing with two strangers. Gwen then realized that they were her parents. Gwen and Peter were finally face to face with Ophelia and Xavier.

"Mom? Dad?" Gwen asked. The king and queen smiled and nodded.

"Gwendalyn, it's really you" Ophelia said.

"We are so happy that you have finally returned to us" Xavier said. Gwen let go of Peter's hand and then was brought into a hug by her parents. When Gwen was released, Gwen took Peter's hand and they stood off to the side with the other Guardians. All the Kosmonians looked to their King and Queen.

"Our daughter has finally returned to us! Not only that but she has brought along her friends. They are the Guardians of The Galaxy and if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't be here today. We shall treat them with great honor and respect. We'd like to invite everyone for a special ceremony this evening where we shall be honoring them" Ophelia announced

"You may now all release the lanterns" Xavier said. Everyone released the lanterns. When that was over with, the Guardians were escorted into the castle.

"Xavier will lead the men to their sleeping chambers. I will lead you and Gamora to yours" Ophelia said. Before separating, Gwen and Peter gave each other a quick kiss. Both Ophelia and Xavier noticed this and gave each other a nervous look.

~

After Ophelia took Gamora to her room, she brought her daughter to hers.

"I hope this will do" Ophelia said. Gwen looked around her room. It was huge. After sleeping in a small bunk for most of her life, this was heaven.

"It's perfect mother" Gwen said. Ophelia smiled and grabbed her daughter's hand. She led her over to the closet. Ophelia opened it and Gwen went wide eyed at the amount of dresses that were in it.

"Please pick any dress you wish to wear tonight" Ophelia said

"There's so many. Oh, I like this one" Gwen said, picking a dress.

"We will be having a dinner shortly. I will have your sister come and fetch you when we're ready" Ophelia said. Gwen turned to look at her mother.

"I have a sister?" Gwen asked

"Yes. Her name is Helena. We had her the year after we sent you to Terra" Ophelia explained.

"Well I can't wait to meet her" Gwen said. Ophelia then thought back to when she saw Gwen and Peter holding hands and kissing each other.

"What was the Terran's name again?" Ophelia asked

"Peter and he's part Terran. I'm not sure what the other half is" Gwen explained.

"I see. I'll let you get dressed then" Ophelia said. She then left the room and went to go find her husband. When she found Xavier, she quickly grabbed his hand.

"I think our daughter is in love with the Terran boy" Ophelia said

"And I think the Terran is in love with our daughter" Xavier said

"This isn't right. Gwendalyn is supposed to marry a Kosmonian" Ophelia said

"Well, it looks like we're going to have to introduce her husband-to-be a bit sooner than expected" Xavier said