Chapter 25 The Crimson Age

Michael Clifford as Michael Clifford

His fangs, like daggers, penetrated my pale skin as I felt a surging pain flow throughout my body. His hands gripped on my arms as his body pinned me against the green dumpster. Everything felt still and silent, as if the screams I was emitting were non existent and I felt my strength decrease, along with the blood in my veins, with each passing moment.

The boy's grip suddenly released as he sprung away from me coughing up the blood he had taken. His legs gave out as he backed away from me and fell to the floor, gagging. My breathing grew sporadic as my hand felt the fresh bite on my neck. My fingers became coated in my own crimson liquid as my legs felt weak and I leaned against the dumpster for support. I started to slowly back away from the coughing demon in front of me, hoping to evade another vampire in my life, but my body was uncooperative. To be attacked by a vampire is one thing, but to be attacked by two in the span of twenty four hours was another.

The red haired boy seized his coughing fit as his merlot eyes gazed at me, fear and anger present in them. "You're one of them", he said bitterly. My breathing hitched as my back slammed against the dumpter once again and the new vampire stood in front of me. His height towered over me as he had to bend his back a bit to get his face just inches from mine. His red orbs bore into my soul as I felt his cool breath against my face. "I didn't think there were many of you left", he said, a frown etched on his face. My arms were pinned by his strong hands as he lifted them over my head and grabbed my wrists with his left hand. "No matter", he said, bring his right hand in between us. My circulation became cut off as his free hand wrapped around my neck.

He smirked maniacally as he watched my panicked expression and lousy attempts to obtain air. A chuckle etched through his full lips, elucidating a view of his white fangs. "You should be thankful it was me who found you", he said. I started to feel very lightheaded as I saw black spots in my line of vision. "If it had been anyone else, you may not have gotten off so easily".

The black spots began to increase in size, and I felt my body slowly shutting down from the lack of oxygen. I stared at those red demonic eyes as my vision slipped away.

A gust of wind suddenly emerged and my throat was released as I gasped at the sudden availability of air and fell to the hard ground. My breathing sounded more like wheezing as my vision was slowly returning to its normal state.

I gazed up to see the back of a boy dressed in all leather with blond hair styled in a quiff. I immediately recognized the figure, not sure if I was glad to see him or not. The red haired vampire was slowly getting up from the ground about fifteen feet away.

His gaze fell on Luke as he stood up and a smile broke. "Luke Hemmings!" The red head spoke, "I didn't expect to have a reunion so soon". I was unable to see Luke's face from my angle, by I could tell by his tone that he was far from pleased to see the new vampire. "What are you doing here Mikey"? The red haired vampire, whose name seemed to be "Mikey", appeared bothered by the Luke's displeasure, as his smile weakened for a small moment then returned.

"I can't visit an old friend"? I saw Luke's hands coil into fists at his sides. "You expect me to believe that is the reason for this little encounter"? Mikey's red eyes looked past Luke and glared at me in confusion. His mere gaze made my heart beat quicken as my hand covered the wound he had applied on my neck just minutes ago.

Mikey looked back at Luke and grinned holding his arms out as if he was offering a hug. "Oh come one now Luke, you know how it is", he chuckled, "when I smell something good, I got to have it". "And it was that kind of lack of self control that forced us to flee Australia all those centuries ago". Mikey snickered as his arms fell to his sides. "Perhaps", he spoke nonchalantly, his smile fading. "But it wasn't my self control that caused us to leave our home now was it".