Chapter 29 Ever Changing Night

A/N: unedited. Please excuse any typos as I will fix them later.

I was almost positive that my quickening heatbeat was audible as those greenish blue eyes stared back at me, along with the signature smirk. My mind was racing. Telling me to flee. To cower. But my muscles were still, petrified by the monster that could kill me before I could even think of running.

My brother, oblivious to the ominous air, hot up from his seat and pattet my shoulder softly. "Anyways, I guess this is when I should make my exit. Do you guys need me to get you anything? Water"? Michael's eyes went over to my brother as face softened. "I don't think that will be necessary, but thank you for having me", Mikey's eyes shifted to me on his next words. "And for inviting me in". "It's no problem", Ashton smiled. "Alright then, I will be upstairs if you need me, happy rehearsing"! Ashton then kissed my cheek and walked out of the room as I continued to stood dazed, wanting to scream to my brother, but knowing the consequences that would follow.

Mikey's eyes fell back onto me, as he leaned forward in the chair, his hands folded at his knees. "So then, my fellow dance partner, what style are we doing"? He paused with his sinister smirk knowing fully well that fear was preventing my speech. "I have to warn you, I am a beast at hip hop, though contemporary was never really my thing". He chuckled. "But I won't lie, I can do a very good tango, if you think you can handle it".

I scowled in disgust. "What do you want"? Michael chuckled once again as he jerked his head towards the couch where my brother previously sat. I hesitated, but shifted slowly towards the couch, keeping my eyes on the vampire. Mikey continued to eye me after I was seated as he bit his lip slightly. I shifted uncomfortably, not wanting to think about the thoughts in his head.

"I can see why Luke took such an interest to you". His eyes ran up down my body as I felt invisible hands run down me with every shift of his eyes. "You are quite the speciman". I cleared my throat and attempted to speak with more conviction, but failed with a crack in my voice. "What is it you want"?

I could see the pleasure Mikey had at my fear as he wet his lips slightly. "I was hoping you could point me out to the whereabouts of the chihuahua", he said, "you know how those pesky creatures how, can't let them run about unsupervised". "What makes you think I know where he is", I replied, my eyes narrowing at him. Mikey shrugged. "Well, seeing as you're not dead, I assume you at least have some form of friendship". He then smiled at me. "Maybe a 'no strings attached' kind"?

I swallowed the bile in my throat from his grotesque diction as I curled my hands into fists on my lap. "Maybe he finally has gone to hell," I said angrily, "why don't you go join him". Mikey did a soft whistle. "Luke always did like the fiesty ones".

My breath hinged as I felt a rough hand grip on my throat. Michael's eyes turned that nasty shade of red as all humor was void from his face, inches from mine. His hot breath ran against my skin as he spoke. "I, however, an not a fan, and demand a bit more respect". His grip tightened as his lips went to my left ear. "In case you haven't noticed yet, darling, I can be a bit of a hot head, so I suggest you not let that mouth of yours get you or your brother in trouble". His grip grew rougher as I felt my head grow hazy from lack of oxygen. "Do I make myself clear"?

I attempted to answer but found the ability of speech unavailable as I did a very weak nod against his grip. He released me and I began to cough and gasp for air. As Michael returned to the chair, his eyes back to their bluish green and a playful smile on his face.

I glared at him, my hand to my chest wheezing. "So, how about we try this again" , he said rather enthusiasticly, "where is Luke"?

I sat at the end of the couch, scrunching my body against the arm rest, trying to create distance between us. "Is everything alright"? My eyes bursted out of my sockets as my brother stood at the entrance of the living room, eyes full of concern. "Kat, are you alright, those are pretty nasty coughs".