Chapter 40 Enlightenment

Hey guys! PLEASE read the author's note at the end!
Unedited

My head ached as I rose up from the wooden floor into a sitting position. My eyes fluttered opened, confused as to my reasons of being in the small cabin room that held only a small red carpet as decoration. The pain only intensified as the memories resurfaced.

"Come with me now, or Calum dies" Marcus had told me, his smirk planted on his lips knowing he had won this game of chess.

I wanted to scream, call for Luke, Mikey, hell, even my big brother for help. But I knew that was unwise. And I knew that with Calum's life in the balance, my decision was made for me.

I had turned to look at pathway where Luke left me to join Katie in her dance, fighting the urge to run down it. "I'll do it", I said, not noticing Marcus's hand until just before it made contact with my face.

And now, here I am. In an unknown environment, completely picked off from my world and thrown deeper in the supernatural with no contact to the people that can take me back.

The shocking thing was, I was not scared. Was I confident in my chance of survival? Not in the slightest. But I was still calm. Why was that? Any normal person would be panicking if I psychotic vampire kidnapped them and we're now in an isolated and unfamiliar location. But I guess I was never meant to be a normal person. Just look at my blood and the effect it has. I was born to be a part of this world. Whether or not it was meant as a death sentence, I suppose was up to interpretation.

A groan awakened me from my thoughts as I realized for the first time that I was not alone. My hazel eyes darted towards the source of the sound and widened at what I saw.

"Calum"! My mouth parted as I jumped up from my spot and speed walked towards my hand in my dance heels.

The tanned boy had lost all his color as he seemed void of life with his pale expression. Sweat coated his entire body like extra layer of skin as he hugged his knees into his chest in the corner of the room, shivering like a leaf in the wind.

"Stay back", he muttered, his teeth chattering and eyes widening.

I stopped in place, perplexed. Calum's dark eyes looked down towards his feet if they were the most interesting things in the world as I noticed he hugged his legs tighter to him.

I hesitated as I took another step forward. "Calum"?

"Stay back, Kat"

His voice was dark but broken, two elementsI had not quite heard before in my friend.

I took another step. "Calum are you alright"?

"STAY AWAY FROM ME"!

I jumped back at Calum's outburst as his voice screeched. His breathing drastic and heavy as he held on to his knees tighter and pressed himself further into the corner.

I stood still as spoke softly, worried of cutting the wrong wire to this bomb. "Calum." I paused, noticing the exposed large biceps of the black tank topped boy twitched at the sound of my voice. "Are you alright"?

Calum groaned in pain, his eyes darkened as they remained in the floor, avoiding me.

"Please don't talk" he said weakly between his tired breaths.

I hesitated before choosing to continue to pry. "Why? What's wrong"?

Calum clenched his teeth before answering as his voice cracked. "Because I don't want to do it".

He groaned again as if someone had punched him as cautiously spoke again against his wishes.

"Don't want to do what"?