Let There Be Art Days

After the incident, Gaara left without a word, not explaining the 'dire' situation. Of course they were worried to some extent, not really knowing anything. So they continued on their day like nothing ever happened. In fact, someone's day was going to be extra special for someone due to a certain bet.

(Insert Flashback)

           "Come on! One game of spades, and that's all! Please Pein?" Deidara whined. Of course, Pein wasn't unsure of his abilities in card games, but with the headache he had.... And add Deidara in that headache, well. Its not exactly a library. He had something in mind for what Deidara wanted if he won the game of spades. The famous art show in Sangunkure was open tomorrow, and we all know the explosive artist would take up a deal on that. A series of, 'no ways' and 'please!' was shared between the two, before Pein finally gave in. I mean, the dumb blonde couldn't even spell spades, right?

___

He lost. I mean, he had Kazuku as his partner, and himself. So he was really confused. Deidara had the dumb Kisame as his partner (Kazuku and Kisame were the only ones not banging right at that moment)

Somehow this just irked him. He asked the blonde to spell spades, and yes, he could not. But he still won. And the worst part is, tomorrow was Pein's relaxing day, he had been so confident he would've won, that he lost. 

          "We have to be there by 2, un!" Deidara chimed, as he stacked up the cards. Pein gave a disapproving, 'hn' as he watched the blonde clean up- try to clean up.  He'd let cards fall to the floor, and in the attempt to pick those cards up, drop more. Sighing, Pein got up and took all the cards Deidara had in his hand (which was about 10 or so...) and proceeded to pick the rest up.

          "Sorry, un..." Deidara bit his lip, embarrassed. Hearing Pein's amused 'hn' didn't help with that embarrassment.

Well, tomorrow was going to be fun.

(End of Flashback)

        "Make up is a form of art, un! It's not fair if it's just for girls." Deidara was whining about Pein's comment on his black lipstick, eyeliner and eye shadow.

He was currently wearing all black. Sleeveless shirt with paint splatters, ripped jeans, and black converse. "I think I look beautiful, yeah." Deidara huffed, and stomped down the street ahead of Pein- who was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a leather jacket over,  some tight blue jeans with white Nike. He just replied with a quiet 'hn' and didn't bother to catch up with the blonde.

       Deidara must've forgotten to the reason he was stomping, and just increased his speed, which greatly annoyed Pein. Wasn't he suppose to be taking Deidara? "Wait..." Pein called out softly, but it seems he would have to raise his voice at the now running blonde.

_____________

They saw El Greco, and Ernst Rudolf and Leonardo Da Vinci. They saw famous sculptures and jewelry, and so much culture! Deidara really liked Egyptian art, (that's why he wore makeup... and he looks fabulous in it) it was a strange, yet beautiful art he was attracted to right away.

Pein was mildly impressed too, the culture really welcomed you when you stepped in.

They walked for hours. By the time they were finished, (not after going to the gift shop to get a souvenir) they headed out with Deidara holding a mini T-Rex and many other items, which took up several bags that Pein was holding. It was 5pm now, but Deidara was already sleepy, he began to slow down and then completely stop.

_____________

Deidara was woken up by a car bleeping and pitter-patter of rain.

He looked to see he was in a street shelter, with only Pein and him in. 

Great.

       "What time is it, un?" he winced at how dry his throat was, Pein must've caught it because he handed him a half empty bottle of water. "Thanks, un" and I swear on the Art God if he says 'hn'

        "No problem" came Pein's gruffly, and deep reply later. God, did Deidara love his voice. He had just realized he was leaning on Pein's shoulder, and blushed a bit. He also realized Pein's leather jacket was on his shoulders, and a soaked Pein was wearing nothing but a plain white tee.

Pein's hand came up to pet Deidara's head when he went to take the jacket off, "Keep it. It shouldn't rain much longer" and with that, he closed his eyes.

Who knew Pein was such a nice guy?

Deidara lured himself to sleep, not after hearing a faint, 'Goodnight, Deidara' and seeing a small smile on Pein's face.

_____________

Deidara was then awoken by hooting and hollering. He opened his eyes to see Hidan smirking at Pein, who looked really annoyed, and the rest of the Akatsuki laughing and cheering. But wh-

Oh.

Pein kept a straight face as he dumped Deidara on the couch, and chased Hidan around with a vase.

         "So, I'm guessing nothing really happened, hm?" Kisame sat down next to the pouting blonde.

         "Much to my displeasure." Deidara inquired, which Kisame laughed at, and patted him on the back.

They heard the break of the vase, and they knew they should call a doctor.

"But I still had fun" Deidara smiled brightly while dialing 911.

  Oh did we all love the art days.

So I decided to add a little background on what each of the characters were doing before I actually got to the Jinjuriki's problem. Not each character but ya know. I'll probably do one more Kisame and Kazuku or Hidan and Kankuro and then get back to the problem. So cheers till then. And 3.5k reads! I've never been happier! See ya!