"A Silent Cry"

Langston Continued...

"Rhea, I'm back!" I called out as I walked into the house, to let her know we were going to my mom's house Saturday.

No answer.

I walked up the stairs and I could hear sniffing coming from the room. Ugh, not this again. I opened the door and I saw Rhea sitting on the edge of the bed with her face in her hands, crying her eyes out.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I-I'm sorry" Rhea cried even harder.

"Sorry for what?" I worried.

"I killed it Langston, I killed it" She cried, with her face still buried in her hands.

"Killed what?" I asked.

"The baby, Langston I was pregnant" She replied, still crying. She did what?What!?

"Please... tell me it was an accident" I said, trying to calm myself.

"No," She wiped her face, still crying.

"Why'd, you kill my child?" I asked, getting angrier and angrier.

"I'm sorry, I can't have a baby right now" She apologized, once again.

I paced out the room, filled with anger. I could have punched her face in, but I'm better than that. I just want to know why she would go against me... She knows I would have wanted a child.

Rhea;

I couldn't stop crying, at this moment that's all I could do. I felt like total trash right now. After what the doctor told me, I might as well have killed the baby. Because if I were to try too have it, it would die. Langston wouldn't know I felt. To have something that you can't hold growing inside of you every single day. It would eat you alive. That's something I just couldn't deal with.

"Langston, I'm sorry! But I couldn't do it... it would have died at birth anyways, so I just went ahead and got it over with" I cried.

"But why didn't you tell me?" Langston asked loudly.

"Langston, I tried but you just wouldn't listen!" I yelled through my tears.

"If it was that important, I would have!" He yelled back.

"I didn't how to get you too! You're always home late! When you are here you're asleep! The only time you pay any attention is when you want something from me!" I snapped.

"It's not like that!" He yelled back.

"How would I know?It's been like that with every other b-***you been with!"

"But you're not like them!" I could see tears forming in his eyes, either he was really mad, or I just pushed a huge button.

"Rhea, I love you, okay? I really do! But you can't seem to see that" He immediately left the room, slamming the door too.

"Maybe because you never show it" I let a few tears drop from my eyes.