"The Baby Shower"

Natasha;

"Rhea, you should let me babysit the kids one day before I leave," I suggested as I grabbed an apple from her kitchen.

"Sure, you can babysit after the wedding, when we have our lil' -"

I cut her off, "Never mind then!"

She asked after putting Alex down, "You going to Britt's baby shower?"

"Yeah, duh!" I exclaimed. I am so excited to be an aunt.

I told Rhea bye, so I could go to my mom's house and change. I hopped in my car, and turned on the radio. This is my jam!

"I'm so tired of going up and down, round and round; I'm so over it, I'm breaking down; I'm 'bout to call it quits, I done had enough of it; My heart is so cold, I can't find no love here," I sang to the song by Lil' Scrappy and Toccara.

I laughed at my randomness, and climbed out the car about twenty minutes later. I looked under the doormat, and grabbed the key.

"Ma, I'm home!" I yelled as I entered the house, walking straight into the kitchen.

"Mom, isn't home," I was startled by Craig.

"Oh, well why are you in your pajamas?" I wondered. He better not tell me...

He looked at me oddly, "What do you mean?"

"Today is Brittany's baby shower, duh!" I reminded him with a pop in the head.

He slightly grinned and grabbed some orange juice out the fridge. Here we go...

"Oh, yeah.. I know."

"Then why aren't you ready?!" I semi- shouted.

He spoke, "Because I'm not going, duh."

He must want an a*s whooping.

"What do you mean you aren't going? What do you mean you're not going to celebrate the unborn baby you created. What do-"

Craig cut me off, "Okay! I get it, Tasha."

I sighed and took a seat next to him at the kitchen table. I know life is tough for him now, but he got himself into this.

"Abuelo always said-"

"Debe asumir la responsabilidad de todo en la vida, yeah I know. But.. it's hard, Tasha. I mean, I want to be the responsible teen dad, but it's hard. I said I was gonna be there, but that was just Dezani talking. Dezani was running his mouth, and not thinking before speaking!"

I sighed and chuckled, rubbing his back.

"We're going to that baby shower, and you're gonna be a father, whether you like it or not."

- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -

We finally got dressed, and were on our way to the baby shower. Craig was super irritated, but I didn't care.

We got to the venue, and saw the whole place lined with pink things. Balloons, signs, things of the sort. We walked inside, and saw almost everyone we know. They were all eating, laughing, and having fun. I grabbed Craig's hand, and walked over to the table Britt was at.

"Hey, Britt, sorry we're late," she looked behind me and noticed Craig.

She slightly smiled, and stood to give me a hug. That big bump was blocking the way, ha. Surprisingly, she gave Craig a hug too.

"All the girls are sitting over there," she told me. I nodded and went to sit with Rhea, Josleni, A'Leena, and Audrey. They were the only girls here from our crew.

I curiously asked while taking a seat, "Where is Chyna, Adreunna, you know, everyone else?"

Rhea shook her head, and shrugged. Something must be up if they aren't here..

Brittany;

I decided to go chill with the girls, because I was getting bored by Tool. He was texting most of the time we've been here, and I know exactly who he was talking to.

"Hey, girls," I greeted them as I took a seat.

"Hey, fat momma!" Josleni shouted. I chuckled and sipped my fruit punch.

I then decided to ask, "You guys like it so far?"

Rhea and Natasha yawned, while Audrey looked down at her phone.

"Is it that boring?"

"You know we just kidding! And oh, these dudes are fine!" Natasha shouted excitedly.

"Girl, you got Princeton- Dad!"

I then saw my dad enter through the door. I ran to him, and jumped in his arms. I was so happy, but at the same time I was angry.

"What are you doing here!?"

He answered, "Well, your mom-"

I cut him off, "I don't wanna hear anything about that bi- I mean witch."

He sighed heavily and replied, "Well, where's your brother?"

I pointed to the back, where Daniel was hanging out with his friends. My dad then left me, and joined him. Something doesn't seem right.. Why after all these years, he wants to magically come back in my life.

"Brittany," a voice called.

Oh my gosh..