" Not holding a grudge"

A'Leena;

"Alright, you remember how you used to walk?" The nurse asked.

"Yes" I nodded.

"Use these, and do just that. Okay?"

"Alright" I sighed. I held onto the rails, and put my right foot out, and took a step.

Thump

I fell onto the soft mat.

"Are you okay?" The nurse asked.

"Y-yeah" I sighed, and she helped me up.

"Well that's one step, and that's progress... you're doing just fine. You wanna' go again?" The nurse asked.

"Sure" I slightly smiled. I grabbed onto the rails, and took two steps this time... then one more.

"There you go" The nurse smiled. I looked up, because of the sound of the door opening caught my attention. I noticed it was Rayan walking through the door.

"Uh, hey" He smiled, nervously.

"Hi" I did the same, and tried to take another step, I was about to fall. But Ray caught me.

"You wanna start again tomorrow?" The nurse asked. I nodded, and she helped me back over to my resting bed, and left out. Ray stood there looking at me.

"What? I'm not necessarily cripple, I'll be walking again in no time" I tried to lighten the mood.

"I'm sorry A'Leena.. this is all my fault" Ray apologized.

"No, it wasn't... I should've been watching what I was doing, and I'm not mad at you... life's to short to hold grudges" I slightly smiled.

"So we're still together?" He asked.

"Of course not. I said, I'm not holding a grudge... I didn't say I was stupid" I smarted off.

"Oh, well... I guess I'll go, you need your rest" Ray sighed.

"Come back tomorrow, you should help out with my therapy" I smiled.

"Sure" He smiled back.