"Past, Present, Future"

Author's POV:

Everyone was eating, talking, and enjoying themselves. Until the doorbell had rang.

"I got it, I invited someone over" Rhea's mom stated, and went to open it.

"Everyone this is an old friend of mine, Terry" Rhea's mom introduced him to everyone. Lance and Rhea's facial expressions changed quickly. Rhea gently placed Alexandria in her car seat, and got up.

"Why is he here?" Rhea asked, about to explode.

"Rhea I-" Terry was about to speak.

"Shut the hell up" Rhea snapped at him, balling her fists up, she was ready to attack, but Langston walked up and held from behind.

"Who's he?" Langston whispered in her ear.

"Him" Rhea stated, still looking Terry in the eyes.

"I'm giving you ten seconds to get the hell out, before I kill you" Rhea bluntly stated to Terry.

"Let him explain why he's here" Rhea's mom stated.

"No f*ck her, she doesn't want my apology, so forget it" Terry snapped, and began leaving. Rhea broke from Langston's arms and charged after him, tackling him in the front yard. She began punching him constantly in the head and face.

"Don't you ever come around here again!" Rhea yelled, as Langston tightly gripped her waist with his arms, and pulling her away.

"I will kill you!" Rhea yelled in rage trying to get Langston off of her, not knowing that it's him, as tears flowed rapidly.

"Babe, calm down" Langston whispered to her.

"Rhea, it's just me... it's Langston" Langston wrapped his arms around her and she buried her face in his shoulder as she cried.

"Why was he here?" Rhea continued to cry.

"Who is he, Rhea?" Langston as sounding concerned.

She sobbed a little harder, and quietly answered, "The guy my mom let.. rape me."

Langston eye's were then focused on the tall, chocolate guy. He really wanted to lunge for him, but didn't wanna cause a scene. He stroked her hair, and let her continue to cry. She finally got up, and spoke to the guy.

"Terry, I'm not gonna let you ruin this night for me. I have too much in this world to just lose it because of some bulls*it. Save your apology," she stated, right before bumping past her mom.

Terry stood on the lawn, holding his eye, while everyone stared at him in some type of awe. They looked shocked, and in disbelief. Only seems right, right?

"Okay, um, the food is ready!" Rhea's mom announced.

"I don't really feel like eating," Rhea dismissed herself from everyone, taking her kids with her.

"Knock, knock," Langston's deep voice went.

Rhea looked up from the pillow, saw it was him, and laid back down. Langston came to her bedside, and cuddled with her, Junior, Alexandria, and Alex.

"What do you want?" She quietly asked, with no attitude. Just sounding dry.

"I want to check on you," he informed her, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

She admitted, "I'm fine, Langston.. I just need to cool down before I go off on my mama, too," She then laughed a little.

He chuckled and asked Everything.

"Don't let the past determine your future," she then mumbled to herself, before falling asleep.