Prologue

Styles....

Styles is my last name. Was I related to the one and only Harry Styles? No I am not or that is what I have been told. I have never met my dad and I don't know anything about him, not even his first name. I have asked my mum so many questions about him but she hasn't told me one thing about him. All I know is that I look a lot like him because I don't look anything like my mom. My mum has bright red hair that cascades down her back in tight curls like a poodle, but when she flat irons it, it looks like a river flowing down her back. Her hair is naturally dark brown but it reminds her too much about the past. That is why she dyes it. She has chocolate brown eyes that are frequently filled with tears. Do you know how hard it is to see your mother cry?

My family is poor and my mum has two jobs. She is a babysitter for a rich family but she only gets paid $100 a month. Her other job Is modeling but she has gotten very little gigs. She could never fulfill her dreams of being a singer since she had me when she was only 18. She used to live in Holmes Chapel but when she found out she was pregnant she didn't tell anybody except for my grandma and she moved to Doncaster.

I'm not an only child, I have two younger siblings that are twins, double the trouble. Luna Grace Henderson is the name of my little sister. Her light brown hair is as straight as a string only stopping below her shoulders. Her eyes are hazel and she has barely any freckles but their there and you can only see them in the light. She is tall for her age. If you saw us next to each other you would be shocked we are somewhat related. Her twin is named Harley James Henderson. His hair is dark blonde and swoops across his forehead like Justin Bieber's old hair. He too, has hazel eyes but they occasionally turn to green and that is how I know he is sad. His freckles are on his nose and a few scattered under his eyes but they are visible at all times. They are both 9 years old, they were born on February 22nd, 2003. Luna is older and much more mature than Harley but Harley is not a shadow like Luna, Harley has many friends, he's adventurous, He's friendly, and he is adorable so all the girls like him. Luna has many friends but most of them are books, more then half. Luna is the complete opposite of Harley, she loves school, everything about it. The reading, the learning, the studying, and even the homework! She is shy, self-reserved, and she is very awkward. Though she is only like that when she is at school or talking to grown ups. When she is with me, she shows her true colors. She is very witty and has a lot more to say then you think she would. I try to help her but she never wants it. Luckily for them my mum actually told their dad she was pregnant. She didn't try to run away, she didn't have the money too. I was about 3 when that happened. They never got married but he was the only fatherly figure in my life at the time and I thought he was my dad because my mum told me to call him that. The thing that makes us totally different is that they actually know their dad! Lucky them huh? They see him every weekend and they get to go to his nice home when I have to stay in our crappy little apartment and watch Luna and Harley go crazy and fight while mum is at work. I always have to break it up and most of the time I end up with a bloody nose.

School isn't that great either. I barely have more than 5 friends. I'm always getting made fun of. They make fun of my clothes because they're from a thrift shop and Target. They all shop at Brandy Melville, forever 21, topshop, love culture, and all that good stuff. They also wear tons of makeup. Or at least the popular people do and some others. We're going into 7th grade come on! They call me mean names and it really hurts. My only close friends are Kathy Lewis, Jason lumburg, Krystal Eaton, Samantha Taylor, and Carla Thomas.. They're all my best friends.

I hate so much about myself. The only thing i love is my singing voice it has a beautiful raspy tone and my skill for acting. Acting is my passion but my mom doesn't have enough money to let me do it. It's more expensive than you think. You have to pay for lessons, headshots, gas, and etc. I kinda have lessons. My elective for seventh grade which is in 1 month is Play production. It involves singing. That's really the only thing I'm looking forward to for school besides seeing my friends. They all go on these luxury vacations. I was invited to go to Hawaii with Krystal and her parents. They even said they would pay for the ticket and everything but my mom said no because i have to watch my siblings that aren't even here. They're in Cancun with their dad. So I'm alone. As always. And it sucks.

Hi, my name is Jessica Taylor Styles and I'm 12 years old. I have long brown curly hair. My eyes are a bright emerald green that shimmer in the light. My eyes were ice blue until I turned two. After I turned two they started to changed. I also have freckles on my cheeks and some on my nose. I'm quite short for my age but it's nice because I can fit into small places but I can't reach things that are really high up. My dream is to meet my dad which is not like most 12 year old girls dream. Most of them want to have a pet unicorn or they want to meet One Direction. I'm the complete opposite. Unicorns are stupid and I don't like One Direction. But That doesn't matter, this isn't about one direction, this is about me not meeting or basically not having a dad. Sometimes i wonder what having a Dad would be like but i guess I'll never know...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok so here is the prologue! I am currently editing all the chapters that I have already made and I'm changing what has happened in a lot of them. I feel like this story is being too rushed so you might want to start reading the story from the beginning again. I am doing this because I talked to the person who wrote my favorite fanfic named Dark Side which you should all read because it is the best fanfic EVER, and she gave me some tips so I am going to be using her tips. So yah I hope you like the prologue I know it is short but its the prologue its fine. so that's all! byee!!!!!!!!!!I