Chapter 8 || Her Face turns redder than Nira's lipstick

Sorry for not updating for a week! Will try to be regular from now on.
Please excuse the typos and errors if any! :D

Manik's POV

A moment ago I was laughing my butt off at her hilarious expressions and the next moment I'm lying on top of her. Her seemingly light pull on my hand took me by surprise and I ended up falling on top of her.
My eyes widened as I realised how close we were situated. Her eyes went wide as well. Her hand unconsciously fell on my shoulder, while mine was on her waist. I was too stunned by our sudden proximity to move.

Her breath fanned my face, her hand not moving from my shoulder. Our faces were barely apart, our noses touching now. From our close proximity I could see every angle of her face. The tiny visible freckles across her face, which you could barely see, unless you were this close, the dark circles under her wide eyes, the small strands of hair falling on her face, almost tickling my face as we were so close, the small light mole right beneath her right eyebrow, her slightly twitched yet still perfect nose, her lips...

I was snapped out of my crazy thoughts by a cough. My head turned automatically to see Cabir watching the two of us with a very amused and mischievous expression on his face.

Wait what?

Oh shit.

What is Cabir doing here??

I can't believe that Cabir of all people caught me and Nandini in such a compromising position.

What will he be thinking???

Knowing Cabir, I'm never going to hear the end of this.

Oh man, how embarrassing.

Nandini and I sprang apart immediately and got up from the floor, flustered and embarrassed.

Cabir looked like he was trying hard not to laugh.

I was too embarrassed to speak.

I glanced at Nandini's face. It suited the nickname I had for her now, more than ever. I stifled a chuckle watching her red face.

"Ahem Ahem." Cabir mock coughed again and my head snapped from Nandini towards him.

"So this is how accomplished singers prepare for a Music Album??!!" He exclaimed in mock excitement.

"Remind me to try a hand at becoming a singer soon. Looks like this is much more fun than my own boring unromantic profession " He said with barely restrained laughter.

I fought the urge to smack his ass.

Nandini's face had turned redder than the colour of Nira's lipstick, if that is even possible.

"Shut up Cabir" I muttered glaring at him.

"No no man you should really start training me to try out singing. Please do. For the sake of our friendship! I can't wait to start recording my own album with a "partner". It will be so much fu...... Owwww!!!" He was now gripping his wounded knee which I had just kicked hard, still chuckling like a madman.

"You need some more, man?" I asked him smugly

"Yeah yeah ok fine I'll shut up now." He muttered reluctantly, rolling his eyes.

"Good." I said triumphantly, crossing my arms.

It was then that I realised that Nandini has no idea who Cabir is.