Mitchell

Shane's POV

I let my head fall against the door, my wolf growling. He didn't like how Nova had ran away from us. I felt so stupid, I shouldn't have done that, but I couldn't help myself. She looked so perfect with her hair in a mess and the comforter wrapped tightly around her. I turned from the bathroom door and laid down on the bed, putting my hands behind my head. I tried to relax and think about what pack business I had to do for the day. I heard the water for the shower turn on and I groaned. It was hard not to picture her standing there under the warm falling water, steam all around her as droplets of water rolled down her soft sun kissed skin. I grabbed a pillow from behind my head, pushing it into my face as I tried to ignore the tightening in between my legs. I groaned again, rolling onto my stomach, I tried to think of anything else but my mate with that white comforter around her. Her large blue eyes made her look so innocent, and her hair. I chuckled. Her hair was a giant frizz ball and it was beyond adorable. I pressed my face into the pillow, suppressing yet another groan.

"Shane, we're having an issue at the south border." Eric's voice rang through my head. Dealing with rouges was not something I wanted to do right now. Though, it might make it easier to ignore my increasingly inappropriate thoughts about Nova.

"Can it wait?" I asked, not wanting to leave Nova alone. I knew she'd be safe, but that still didn't make me feel completely comfortable. Anything could happen, and anything was what I didn't want to happen.

"No, unfortunately it can't." He replied, his voice was strained. Something was definitely up. I told him I'd be there soon and got up out of the bed. I tried to force down the continuous thoughts of what was happening on the other side of the door. I knocked on the bathroom door, trying to get Nova's attention. I heard a mumbling from the other side and pressed my ear to the door and reaching for the handle. I tried to open it but it was locked. Of course. The mumblings continued but morphed into words. I smiled to myself, realizing she was singing in the shower. Her voice floated up through the seams of the door, carrying the melody smoothly over to me. The song grew louder and the words became more clear.

"Do you hear that love? They're playing our song." She sang. Her voice echoing against the shower and through the bathroom. I'd have to ask her about the song later. I knocked again but she continued singing. I chuckled to myself and gave up. She was too immersed in her song to notice that I would be gone. I grabbed the small notepad from my nightstand, ripping out a piece of paper before scribbling a note onto it. I trudged out of the room, Nova's singing getting softer and softer. She really was a fantastic singer. Her voice was light and soft but still had a full sound to each note.

I made my way to the forest south of the house wishing, I didn't have to leave. My wolf was already whining about being away from our mate, but I had more important things to worry about than how sexy my mate looked in the shower. I took my clothes off, stashing them in a small opening in a nearby tree. I shifted quickly and ran through the trees, my paws making little to no sound on the soft ground. I caught Eric's scent and followed it to where I knew he would be waiting.

I ran for a while, enjoying the sounds and scents of the forest in comparison to the city. After spending years in the city going to school, I became even more at home weaving between the trees. Birds chirped in trees while squirrels bounded away with their cheeks filled with nuts. The smaller creatures in the forest always amused me, they rightfully stayed out of my way when I was there. The smell of wildflowers drifted toward me as I entered into the open area by the border. The meadow was one of my favorite places on the south border. The vibrant colors never ceased to amaze me. Eric was standing by my cousin Garrett as they looked at a gray wolf that danced just across the border. They were both on high alert, and I didn't like it. I recognized the overly excited wolf immediately, I growled lowly, sinking back onto my haunches.