Revenge

MItchell’s POV

I picked up my desk and let the lamp fall the floor shattering into hundreds of tiny pieces as papers flew to the ground hastily. “Where are they?” I shouted angrily in my small study. I stormed up to one of the bare walls and sent my fist through the drywall. I redecorated the study with various other holes before throwing the door off it’s hinges to get it open. I stalked through the kitchen without glancing at the various she-wolves that were fluttering their eyelashes at me. I ignored the brunette named Alisha as she tried to pull me from the refrigerator while I reached for a bottle of water.

I pushed her away without saying a word and went to my bedroom alone for the first time in weeks. I chugged the water before dropping the cap and empty bottle to the floor and falling onto my king sized bed. Shane and his little mate had been gone for two weeks without any indication of where they could have gone. His car was gone, but other than that the rest of his pack still stalked the grounds of that stupid house as if the president himself lived there. I rolled onto my back, I wanted that territory. It was the perfect size for me to start my own pack of rogues to begin taking over other territories. This was to be the first of many. Shane’s poor excuse for a father had exiled my family from the territory when he realized that I was in fact his bastard child.

The Alpha had been with my mother for years and had planned on marrying her despite that they weren’t mates. My mother always spoke of how much he loved her until she came along. The Alpha’s mate. My mother had been heartbroken. The Alpha pushed her aside like she was nothing, like everything they had had together was forgotten. She found out a few weeks later that she was pregnant, hoping that it would bring her beloved back to her she went to him to give him the news.

He reacted violently, beating my mother until she could hardly walk. He exiled her believing that it was all a lie she had made to try and get him back. My mother traveled to the neighboring packs, but none of them would take her in. They all chose to believe the Alpha’s story that she was a liar. She eventually returned to her father’s pack deep in the bayous of Louisiana. A pack that was so inbred that once I was born the Alpha began to mate with her just to add some genetic diversity to the pack.

I shivered at the thought. My mother had never been around. I was raised in the pack house with the rest of the kids, mainly my half siblings that my mother bore for the Alpha. This happened until I was 16 and finally shifted for the first time. I told my mother that I was going to get her away from this pack. I was going to get her to a new pack, a better pack, and I did. We traveled to Shreveport where she met Katen at a bar. She was smitten from the moment she laid eyes on him. I didn’t know what the big deal was considering he was drunk, but for some reason she was instantly in love with the man. It was only after we moved in with him did I learn that he was my mother’s mate.

They were happy and in love, or at least that was how she saw it. She didn’t see the beatings he gave me when he was in a drunken stupor. She never did. He was her mate, she didn’t care. After two years of drunken beatings I finally left. I had no money and no clothes besides the ones I had on my back. I walked east, knowing there was a large pack in Georgia that I might be able to get in to. When I had crossed the border from Mississippi to Alabama I  collapsed into a river only to be woken up by people shaking me. I had been discovered by a small group of rogues. They took me in and gave me everything I needed to gain my health back. When I did I was a force to be reckoned with, taking control of the small group within months. We made our way back through territories taking what we needed and sometimes more to survive until we made it back to the very pack my mother had been exiled from all those years ago. Shane and I had had our run ins but none would be as big as the one I was planning now.

This would be the end.

The end of his reign as Alpha.

The end of the Apollo Pack.