It's Over

Nova's POV

"Shane!" I screamed as he fell limp in my arms. I felt my wolf forcing her way out, but I kept her down. I wouldn't stand a chance against Mitchell and his goons. I tried to wrap my head around everything that was happening. Something was wrong with Shane, I wasn't sure exactly what, but I knew it wasn't good. I knew that Mitchell was Shane's half brother and out for revenge. I knew that I was alone with several males that were looking at me with that hungry glint in their eyes. I pushed back the flashbacks, now was not the time to be at the mercy of these men. I wiggled out from underneath Shane and laid him on his side in case the vomiting came back. I slowly stood though my legs were shaking so badly I thought that they would collapse out from underneath me. My head started to pound, and my world started to spin, but I held my ground.

I squared my shoulders and walked straight up to Mitchell. I stood toe to toe with the man who was wholly responsible for everything that had occurred over the past few weeks. If it weren't for him Shane wouldn't have tried to take me back home, I wouldn't have the been alone after fighting with Shane, I wouldn't have been attacked. I wouldn't be in pain. I blamed him, and him alone for everything that had happened. As calmly as I possibly could, I looked up into his evil blue eyes and kindly demanded that he 'get the fuck out of my house.' The bemused expression that crossed his face angered me even more.

"Now." I growled, feeling my canines grow inside my mouth as my wolf pushed her way out. Before I realized what was going on, the windows shattered showering glass onto the floor. Wolves flew through the open panes, snarling as they latched onto Mitchell's men, starting the fight. I shifted quickly, welcoming the pain and crouching and launching myself at Mitchell. He shifted underneath my large white paws. He kicked me off of him and I crashed into one of the side tables by the wall. I shook myself and continued the fight. I let my wolf take over, lunging toward him, catching him by the neck with my teeth. He shook me off and we began to circle each other. One of Mitchell's wolves attacked me from the side and I hissed as their teeth broke through the skin on my front right leg. I knocked him away only have Mitchell clamp his jaws down on the scruff of my neck. I let out a whimper, wishing that Shane had taught me how to fight correctly.

Shane! I whipped my head to where he had been laying but he was gone. Fear shot through me as I threw off Mitchell and the other wolf before running to where my mate had been. I looked around frantically, seeing our pack fight Mitchell and his men. We were strong and appeared to be winning, but it was hard to tell. I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head but refused to go down. I spun around to see Mitchell back in human form, standing above me with a large candlestick in his hand. I launched myself at his throat, holding it tightly between my teeth and putting just enough pressure to draw blood. He screamed as I did, the sound echoing above all the fight. The fight continued so I squeezed my jaw a little tighter. He choked and shouted for his men to stop. This time they heard him. They all turned to us. The members of my pack stood in shock as they stared at me. I knew I was covered in blood, and with Mitchell underneath me bleeding, the blood was dripping from my mouth and onto the tile floor. I glared at Eric, who shifted and came over to me.

"Nova, Nova it's over." He said calmly. NO! No it's not over! I shouted in my head. Shane is hurt, and I don't know where he is, and I don't know if he is okay or not. I can't feel him. I started to break down. I kept my jaws tight around Mitchell's throat, leaving no chance for him to escape when I was so close to ending it all for good. "Nova, I know you're worried. Kaylee got Shane to the pack doctor. He was given a very large amount of wolfsbane and is fading quickly. The doctor is doing everything he can. My heart sank to my stomach.

I heard a small laugh from Mitchell and that broke me. I slammed my jaw shut angrily, effectively silencing the final noises from him. I whipped my head and threw the mangled body part across the foyer. A young she wolf cried out from the corner of the room and launched herself at me. I quickly had her by the throat and silenced her as well. No one hurts my mate and gets away with it bitch, I thought. I shifted back to my human form and turned to Eric.

"Put the rest of them in the cages, I will figure out what to do with them later. Where is Shane?" I growled. He pointed toward the stairs.

"The study." he said quietly, keeping his eyes trained on the floor. I sprinted up the stairs, afraid of what I might find when I did enter the study.