A Little Nap

Nova's POV

    My entire body hurt, but I knew that Shane couldn't tell. He only saw what I wanted him to see. I hardly moved in a vain attempt to curb the pain that was radiating through my back. My neck felt like the pressure had never been released. I wished for a glass of water, but wasn't sure if I would be able to swallow it if I was offered one. I looked up at him, trying to blink away the tears that blurred my vision. I saw anger flare in his eyes, knowing that he was waiting for me to say who had done it. I kept my mouth shut and stared at the floor, I didn't know what I would say if I could say anything. I ran my hands lightly over my neck, feeling the bruising that I knew was there before folding them in my lap without a word. Shane looked up at me expectantly. I felt sick, I pushed past him and ran to the bathroom, emptying what little I had left in my stomach into the porcelain toilet. My entire body ached as I continued to dry heave. Shane lightly wrapped my hair in a ponytail at the base of my head. He sat on the edge of the bathtub as he rubbed my back lightly.

"Baby, you need to tell me what happened." Shane whispered. I summoned the last bit of my strength to try and push him away. I failed miserably as my arm flopped measly to the side before falling heavily to the floor. My breathing became more shallow as the dry heaving slowly stopped.

I collapsed onto the floor, the rest of my energy draining from my body. I laid on the cold tile floor enjoying the feel of it against my skin. I felt Shane pick me up from my spot but before I could explain to him how much I hated being carried, four resounding knocks sounded on the door to the hallway. My stomach churned once more as I flailed from Shane's arms until he dropped me to the floor. I quickly returned to my spot in front of the toilet. I dry heaved painfully once more, praying unsuccessfully for it to stop. My throat was becoming more sore as a disgusting taste filled my mouth. Four more knocks came from the door, Shane stood looking between the two doors unsure of what to do. I kicked the bathroom door shut with my foot, slowly forcing myself up between heaves got up to lock it.

When I was sure that I had absolutely nothing left for my stomach to expel I slowly crawled to the door to open it. My fingers stretched weakly for the handle as I whispered for Shane to help. I pushed up pathetically, my fingers getting enough grip to at least unlock the door. I laid there once it was cracked, knowing Shane would eventually come and get me. I whispered his name again as I closed my eyes suddenly exhausted. "A little nap won't hurt." I mumbled quietly to myself before the darkness enveloped me.