Yes

Nova’s POV

Warm. That’s the first thing I noticed, the warmth. I relaxed, breathing deeply, all of my anxiety and stress had melted away. I sighed and tilted my head toward the source of the warmth. I hit my head and groaned, backing up, but something held me where I was. I didn’t know what. My skin felt I was being electrocuted, but my heart wasn’t racing. I squeezed my eyes tighter before opening them slowly. I brought my hands up to my eyes and curled them into fists to rub my eyes like a child. As I was doing so I heard the familiar rumble of a chuckle. I gasped and my eyes flew open.

It was as if nothing had ever happened, Shane lay next to me smiling the same smile as the day we first met. I threw my arms around his neck, needing him closer to me. I buried my face in his neck, pressing my face into his skin to smell him. I wasn’t dreaming, it was him. He was alive, and laying next to me. I started to cry, and Shane just held me tighter. He wrapped his strong arms around my waist and pulled me on top of him, squeezing me tightly, not wanting to let go. “Shane.” I mumbled repeatedly to myself. It felt so good to say his name, to be in his arms, and to feel his warmth next to me.

“Nova.” He rumbled. My entire body went weak as I melted into him. “I’m never letting anything like that happen again. I promise you that.” I nodded, still trying to stop my tears. “I don’t ever want you to cry again, Nova,” He paused, holding me back. He sat up, holding me as he did. “Nova, marry me?” He breathed reaching behind him to pull a small black box from underneath his pillow. My jaw dropped open as I stared at him. His brown eyes sparkled as he looked at me like I was the only person on the planet.

“Shane, nothing would make me happier, yes.” I breathed. I pulled his face to mine in a long overdue kiss. Fireworks erupted though my body as our lips moved together. Shane broke off the kiss too soon and let out a loud howl. I giggled as I shook my head and smiled at him. Kaylee came running into the room moments later screaming about weddings and planning. I shook my head at her as well as she rambled on. Shane slipped a beautiful diamond ring onto my left ring finger and I marveled at it. It was everything I had ever dreamed of in an engagement ring.

“Well dad, what do you think?” Shane said, turning to the doorway. I turned my head as well, pressing my cheek against his, still needing him closer to me. In the doorway stood that pack doctor. The lightbulb went off in my mind as I realized why he looked so familiar. I turned to Shane again, pushing him down and kissing him for all it was worth. I guess I was going to get my happily ever after after all.