It's About Time

I was furious. How did he know that I was here? I knew the answer to that question, Shane. He was just digging himself into a deeper and deeper hole. Before I could grab the for fork that I was eyeing, Chris stood and swiftly pulled the tray of food and silverware away from me, putting them on the table on the other side of the room. "I'll just move this out of the way before you hurt anyone, or yourself." He mumbled. "Nova, I just want to help you."

"Theres nothing you can do to help me anymore." I growled, watching him cross the small hospital room. "There's nothing anyone can do." I sunk into the bed, trying to ignore how my head was spinning. So much had happened in such a small amount of time, it was hard to process. Before I knew what was happening, sharp pains exploded in my lower stomach, taking the breath right out of me. I gasped for air and doubled over, wrapping my arms around my body, hoping it would end. Chris ran out the door to fetch a doctor, unsure of what else he could do.  I could feel every hair on my body standing straight up. I curled my hands into fists as I stared blankly at the wall. My eyes went out of focus as my vision started to tinge red on the sides. The noise of the door opening again made me snap my head to the side.

My entire body went numb with shock, my head was reeling, and the pain in my stomach tripled. I closed my eyes, dropping my chin to my chest, curling in on myself. I heard people calling my name as they tried to pull me back to a sitting position. My body wouldn't move on it's own, the pain starting to spread out from the source. There was nothing I could do except feel, as they strapped me to the bed, as they pricked me with another IV, as my brother attempted to console me by petting my hair.

"Nova, your body is rejecting the pup." A nurse said to me. She had propped my legs up on the bed, making sure my lower half was covered by the blanket.  My eyes snapped open and I attempted to lift my head, but it was no use. I let my head fall to the pillow, my world crashing down around me. It all made sense now, the pain, the sickness, the lack of appetite.  The pup. 

What. My body was rejecting the pup. Meaning that I was pregnant. I thought I was going to be sick again, just by thinking of what had happened to me. The events of the attack came back, the sudden fear of being grabbed from my walk. My heart racing as I realized I was overpowered. The pain in the back of my head as he slammed me up against the brick wall. His voice in my ear as he told me that when he was done, no one would ever want me again. The embarrassment as he tore open the front of my blue jeans with one hand before pushing them off of me. The disgust when he pinned me to the cold ground, forcing himself on me. The pain he caused my body from the attack. The tears I cried as I tried to scream and get away. Now my body was paying the ultimate price, I was pregnant with his pup. With Reggie's pup.

My vision started to blur as I stared up at the ceiling. I tried to open my mouth to tell Chris, but nothing came out. I tried again, to no avail. Everything started to sound like it was under water as my body began to shut down. The one thing I did hear though, was the door opening and closing. I lifted my head hoping to see Shane rushing to my side. But fate had one more cruel trick to play on me today.

It was Reggie. My every nightmare was coming true. I felt like I was dying and here was was just to mock my pain. I struggled against the straps holding me to the table. "This is all your fault!" I screamed at him. My anger growing with each second. "I'm in this bed because of you! I almost died because of you! My life is in ruins, because of YOU." 

Before I knew what was happening pain shot through my body. My body hunched over on itself as I strained against the leather straps. I pulled against them, feeling them snap beneath my strength. I felt my bones shifting and moving as hair sprouted from every pore on my skin. I felt my wolf take over as she launched us at Reggie pinning his shoulders to the floor. The nurses that had surrounded me fell back in fear. I disconnected, as much as I wanted to hurt him, I couldn't look at him. I couldn't bear that I was even touching him. The same fear filled his eyes as he stared up at us in shock. She growled lowly at him before he turned and showed his neck to us as a sign of submission. She continued to growl, barring her sharp canines in his face, finally being able to release all the anger I've kept bottled up for years. Reggie started to whine as my wolf's paws pushed roughly into his shoulders. I struggled with control against my wolf before she let me to move around on my own. I moved slowly away from Reggie as he backed into a corner obviously afraid.

Coward. My wolf scoffed as I turned my attention to my brother. He was staring at me wide eyed. He fell to his knees on the floor and bowed his head in submission as well. I growled at him and he flinched slightly. I ignored the other people in the room, they meant me no harm. I stalked through my room before I stopped at the mirror. I was shocked at the reflection of myself. I was a giant white wolf. My huge blue eyes sparkled. I stared at my reflection admiring my beautiful fur coat and my long fluffy tail. I noticed a hint of a smile on my wolf's face as I admired how beautiful I was as a wolf.

It's about time this happened. I was waiting for so long to see what I would look like. My wolf said in my mind. For years I was told that my shift would come, that I was just a late bloomer. After I turned eighteen and nothing had happened, I started to give up hope, as did everyone else around me. The thing that had made me the subject of ridicule for years became the one thing I could be proud of. I had a gorgeous wolf. I guess fate felt that it owed me. I couldn't be happier as I stared at my reflection. My eyes started to prick as I felt tears start to fall. I crouched in front of the mirror, putting my head on my paws.

My ears perked up and lift my head in an attempt to see what was going on. I smelled Shane before I heard his footsteps coming down the hallway. I ran to the door and tried to push down the annoying handle. After some fumbling with my gigantic paws I finally managed to get it open and I pushed my way out into the main floor. I saw Shane stop in the middle of the hall when he saw me. I ran to him, my tongue falling out the side of the mouth like any pet dog's would.

I jumped onto him and he fell backward to the floor with a grunt. I started licking his face, all of my anger having disappeared from earlier. With my first shift finally happening years after it was supposed to there was no longer any reason to be mad at him. Having just had Chris and Reggie submit to me was a bonus, but there would be an exchanging of words later. Until I got Shane alone to confront him about why we were back in Minnesota, I was going to enjoy the company of my mate. Shane chuckled lowly as he wrapped his arms around my neck as I licked his face like a small puppy would.

"Okay Nova. Okay. I get it." He laughed. I moved off of him and looked at him as he sat up. "Wow, your wolf is beautiful." He said all joking suddenly forgotten. I could see the love he had for me growing even more as I looked into his eyes. He ran his hands over my pointed ears, down my soft neck, and across my back as he pushed his fingers through the thick white fur that covered my body. I shivered with excitement and jumped around excitedly.

"Well it looks as if she's magically recovered." A man in a doctor's uniform laughed as he came to stand at Shane's side before clapping him on the shoulder in some sort of congratulations. "Now you just have to complete the mating process." He continued.

If I had been human at the time I would have blushed fifteen different shades of scarlet, but as a wolf I just put my paw to my face in a mock facepalm. I turned and started trotting back to my room before I felt something grab my tail. I yelped at the unwelcome surprise and spun around before crouching for a fight.

"Calm down babe, it's just me." Shane soothed releasing my tail to move next to me as we walked the rest of the way down the hall to my room.

I did it. I told myself. I finally shifted.