Part 6 Strigoi- Frozen Saga

"Edmond! Edmond"! A boy of near 15 years came running towards the Edmond boy. The former one was in grey trousers wearing mukluks, blue shirt hanging lose on his thin frame and a white furred parka. His feet sank deep in the snow, nose and cheeks tomato red; flushed with the cold. Edmond turned towards owner of the raspy voice and shook his head. Alan was the one of the weirdest creature by the Heavens. Spirits he didn't know how to deal with that stupid. Edmond continued to work on his harpoon; cleaning and honing it then checking its sharpness with his finger. Alan ran into Edmond tumbling them both into the snowy ground.
"Hmph"! Edmond groaned under the weight of Alan who was then sitting on him and straddling him. "Edmond you know..."
"What did I ever do to deserve this"? Edmond released a puff of cold breath that swirled into the air. Alan beamed upon the Edmond, bending down to him till their noses were touching. "They say there are strigoi". He said in a hushed voice azure eyes watching the older boy beneath him. Edmond always had found Alan's eyes mesmerizing; they were deep and bluer than the ocean. He shook his head and tried to ignore the fact the Alan was sitting on his waist with his rear touching his crotch.
"There is no such a thing like strigoi". He chided the childish notion of Alan.
"They exist", Alan whispered leaning down further, lips barely skimming the Edmond's. Edmond flushed considering their current position but he knew how to tackle the younger boy. He lifted his jaw, lower lip grazing the upper lip of Alan and being a tease himself, he made sure that his tongue also brushed his lip. Alan squeaked out in a shock and stumbled back staring at the Edmond while blushing.
"E-eeedmo..nd"! Edmond pushed himself up dusting the snow off his black furred coat. "Don't be childish Alan". He spoke with teasing tone. And Alan couldn't comprehend whether he was referring to his stupid saga of strigoi or the way he reacted towards their almost kiss...wait kiss? He blushed deep like a beetroot but mentally berated himself.
"Raven" Alan spit with a pout.
"What"? Edmond laughed at him.
"Look at yourself". Alan motioned his hand up and down emphasizing his point. "Black arnook, black coat, black trenches...but grey boots that go with your eyes". He said while stifling his guffaw with his hand as his shoulders shook with laughter. Edmond clenched his jaw grinding his teeth.
" Folklore says they have cold icy grey eyes". His voice sent cold shivers to Alan and raised goosebumps on his skin. "W-what"!?He stammered and drew back as Edmond slowly approached him.
"They take the shape of human, get along with others..." He came to sit in front of the Alan brushing his lip with pad of his thumb. "...and suck their soul from their delicious talkative mouth". Alan's breath hitched when he noticed the dark rings in Edmond's eyes.
"Ahhhh"! He freaked out and scurried away from Edmond kicking leg in the air. "In the name of Lord, Son and Holy spirit..." Edmond sat there laughing at the Alan. He was really a weird creation of the God.
-
" Alan would you stay still"? Edmond barked at Alan who was fidgeting on the kanyak. "It's dusk and we haven't caught a single fish yet". He threw arms in the air showing his exasperation. Edmond glared daggers at him cussing silently.
"What is with your braid"? He mocked Alan. "Are you a girl"?
Alan shyly looked towards the Edmond oblivious to him."If that's how you will notice me..." He murmured to himself. He jolted back when something hit their boat.
"Edmond"! He called.
"It's a big fish"! Edmond yelled while holding on to the rims of boat that was swaying with currents of water.
"It's storm"? Alan asked in worriness.
"We need to catch it..." Edmond looked around searching for his harpoon. "Edmond, let's get out of here".
"Give me the harpoon"! Edmond yelled at Alan. Alan just stared at him but decided to hand him the harpoon otherwise. The currents were getting stronger and it was getting difficult for both of them to hold on to the boat. As Alan was going to hand Edmond the asked harpoon, a huge and strong current hit the boat that overthrew Alan off the boat. A hand caught him before he could submerge in the currents. He looked up and gasped both in horror and guilt. Blood was trailing down the Edmond's pale cheek. Alan looked down at his other hand that was holding the sharp tool. Much to his horror and shock, it had blood on its stick. 'What he has done'? Edmond's chest was heaving trying to pull Alan up and keep himself on the boat too.
"Edmond"! Alan whispered earning attention of the former boy. Alan started pulling downwards. A wave hit them splashing both with cold icy water that left them both gasping for air. "Alan, hold on"! Edmond shouted making his grip on Alan's wrist strong.
"Let go"! Alan shouted with tears pricking his eyes. He tried to break free from Edmond's vise grip. "What the hell are you doing"? Edmond grabbed Alan's forearm forcing him up.
"Edmond..." Alan spoke his name desperately that drew Edmond attention towards his glassy blue eyes. A single beat skipped; silence passed by when their eyes met that exchanged mournful message between their them. Alan jerked his other arm up and struck Edmond's hand with tip of harpoon. The blade ripped a shout from Edmond's mouth making him loose his grip on Alan's arm. Alan pushed back and his body hit the cold water.
"Alan"! Edmond shouted in horror. The impact pierced his body like millions of razors and drew breath out of him. He was drowning in the undertow, eyes closed shut. He could feel breath and warmth leaving his body. He stopped feeling his limbs, body being numbed. Water filled his lungs and the last thing he heard was Edmond's panic shout.