Part 8 Citadels- Different rules of Chess

Derward sighed and looked towards the clock. It's almost lunch time and guests would be arriving at any minute. He made sure that the arrangements had been done and nothing was out of the place since the Lady Regina wouldn't let go of any mistake regarding the hospitality in mansion. He closing his small pocket watch, walked down his way through the narrow hallway. The footsteps echoed as if someone was chasing him. He stopped in his tracks and turned back to have a look of his stalker. But he found no one. He narrowed his eyes thinking of this game of hide and seek that only one person loved to play with him. He felt someone behind him and abruptly turned back, catching him by crook of his arm and throwing him over his shoulder. But the stalker was more agile and swift on his moves as he pivoted around his own axis to balance himself. He glided through Derward back, jabbing his arm with two fingers; hitting his chi points and slammed him square in the wall with elbow against Derward neck.
"Hello, Derv"! He licked Derward ear shell.
"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Xiang". He managed to spoke between his choking and gasping for breath. Seriously why that male was always after him. Mr. Xiang was a man of heavy frame and great stature. He was half Chinese from paternal side. Despite the fact he was 42 years old, he appeared to be in his early thirties. Long neck length hair were held in place by a hairband while the bangs were always covering his right eye. There was also a dragon tattoo from his sideburn near jaw to the collarbone. He was dressed in a dark grey suit-tail coat- with a charcoal coloured waist coat and a black tie. He was a successful business man known for his tea leaves all around the England but was involved in maneuvering the underworld activities.
"Pleasure..." Xiang chuckled. " You got aroused by my greeting kiss"?
"Sir, lady Regina is waiting for you down the stairs". Xiang grinned and pressed his body further against Derward making sure to slide against his lower half.
"It's rude. I have come to see you". Derward flared his nostrils at the slippery tongue of Xiang that always put him one step ahead of him.
"You can see me later".
"Name the time and place". It took Derward all of his willpower not to bang his head on the wall. In his mind though he was breaking the bones of Xiang and snapped his neck.
"If you are done meeting me..." He seethed through his clenched teeth.
"Since you have asked so politely". He kissed Derward jaw and let him go. He chuckled and adjusted Derward coat and motioned him with his hand to lead the way. Derward after giving him a deathly glare showed him the way down the stairs and Xiang fell behind in his tracks checking out the ass of Derward. Derward feeling his eyes on him almost yelled in frustration.
"Will you stop"? Derward stopped at the staircase fumming up with anger and Xiang brushed past him feeling up his ass and gave it a squeeze.
"And what I am being accused of"? He could feel Derward eyes boring holes in his skull but it's fun seeing him lose his cool demeanour.
Xiang entered the dining hall where Regina was sitting, waiting for him in a midnight blue dress. It was sleeveless with see through high neckline while the thick cloth was gathered in pleats falling below her bust. Her hair were curled sideward resting on her right shoulder. He grimaced at her sight; a lady who had a perfect control over the underworld. She always had something up in her sleeve, a vice vixen she was and always had used men's strategy against them. She was a queen in a game of chess who would sacrifice her own king to lay new tricks in the blocks of crime. And when it's time to strike a move against her, she would change her course finally playing her triumph card.
"Good afternoon Ms. Regina"! He tilted his head to offer her a proper greeting.
"Afternoon Mr. Xiang"! She narrowed her eyes on him. That man never got out of his den unless he had an ulterior motive. He, being a dog of the underworld, always had been to no good. The records of him were cleaned as he had a deep reach to the forces of Scotland yard. But she knew that he had a blood of many on his hands. The framing of Lord Wilsonville in murder case, the murder of Duke Garrison and trapping Count Emmanuel in Drug smuggling. She perched her elbows up on the table, lips pressed to the hands predicting his next move. He couldn't have been planning her murder she was sure of it. But what he was up to it wasn't any better either.
"I hope I didn't disturb your peace". He sat on a chair that was being drawn out by a servant for him next to lady Regina.
"There isn't much peace wherever you make appearance". She uncrossed her hands and leaned back on her chair.
"What brought you here"? She massaged her temple eyeing him suspiciously.
"I assure you it's purely personal". He chuckled at her suspiciousness.
"You aren't getting Derward". She snickered at him while lightening her cigarette and inhaled a good deal of it.
"You are rude lady"! He rubbed bridge of nose with the back of finger glaring at her. "What's your business with me"?
He opened the lid of his watch pulling out a jewel that was held between his fingers and thumb, and showed it to her.
"Black diamond"? She asked reaching for it. She took it away from his hand and felt its smooth texture lifting it up in the light of chandelier. "Where did you get it"? She inquired as she dropped the diamond in the glass of wine. She stirred the glass and lifted it up again against the light.
"I have my business and reach in Africa". He took a sip of his drink and placed the glass on the table. "If you're interested in it, I'd like to have you at the banquet at my place".
"And what are you getting out of this"? She spoke in bitter tone.
"You will have good quality of diamonds for your business while I will make good reputation in front of dukes and lords. No harm is intended".
"Hmmmm".
During their discussion Derward had come and stood next to Regina, hands folded behind his back.
"What do you say Derward"? She asked in a calm tone that put Xiang to suspicion.
" We don't have to let such a good deal slip by".
"Bring Derward too". Derward gave him a sideways glance as Xiang poked him with a fork.
"Shall we start our meal"? She asked in courteous manner.
"By all means , we should".
"Where is Raven"? She questioned Derward between her bites of lamb steak. "He is...". Before he could finish, Edmond entered the room in the red robe that he had worn earlier.
"Here you are". He lifted his head towards her direction and made his way towards where she was sitting. She grabbed his wrist and made him sit on the table in front of her. She tugged him down to her level by his sleeve and brought her lips near to his ear.
"I asked you to clean yourself whore in five minutes". She slipped her hand inside the slit of gown, tracing patterns on his upper thigh with fork.

 "You're here after 75 minutes". She heartlessly pierced teeth of fork in his thigh that caused him to bit his tongue, tasting copper tang of blood in his mouth.
"You bought a new pet"? Xiang asked in amused tone.
"He is my doll". She spoke while giving her drink to Edmond. She lifted the flute up to his lips asking him to have a sip.
" Derward is more pretty". Xiang laughed casting a glance towards Derward. Xiang took hand of Edmond in his and brushed his finger with his thumb. Edmond felt something pricked his digit. He withdrew his hand and looked at the dot of blood on his digit of index. Before he could suck it clean, Regina grabbed his hand and cut his finger open with knife that elicited a shout from Edmond's mouth.
Derward stared at his mistress who was looking back at him in rage. "Treat his cut and give him a brew for it"! Derward nodded his head in acknowledgment and steered Edmond out of the room.
Regina glared at Xiang and slammed her fist on the table. Grabbing his mouth, she shoved the blade of knife in his mouth that was coated in blood, making him gag and then slowly drew it out.
"I hope you are staying for dessert". She tossed the knife away and left the dining hall. How dared he tried to frame her in the smuggling of diamonds and poisoned her slave. He sure was going to regret for his mistake.