Part 22 Her Consort

Anne opened the tap of the bathtub checking the temperature of water.
"What's the meaning of it"? Regina asked crossing her arms leaning against the doorframe.
"I know you have got some wounds to clean". Anne retorted opening the closet to retrieve towels.
"I would have taken..." .
" You wouldn't have taken medical treatment". Anne barked dropping the robe and towel on the shelf.
" What has gotten into you"? Regina yelled back strolling up to her and turned her around tugging at her arm. Anne removed her hand off her clenching her teeth. She fisted her hand in Regina's shirt tearing it down to her midriff along with her chest covering. There was an inch deep cut on her side down to her under bust. Arteries were burst, purplish bruise was already forming around the edges. Blood was trickling down to her belly, smearing on her flawless ivory skin.

"What the hell..." Regina shouted at her pushing her off.
" You ,take off your clothes till I get back with medical box"!
"You need stitches". Anne examined her cut then walked out of bathroom for aid kit. Regina closed her eyes taking a moment to compose herself. She pulled off her shirt and shimmied out of her trousers leaving herself in the undergarments. She had taken care of the cut herself applying the ointment. But in the rush of the situation of handling the investigation with police and an emergency meeting with the Lords, she had forgotten to check her wound this morning. She wondered if her hesitated movements or unconsciously wincing gave it away to the Anne who was already suspicious of her. She picked up her clothes, biting her lip in teasing pain and threw them in the cloth bin. By the time she sat on the rim of the bathtub, hand pulling hair out of her face, Anne returned with a box and motioned her to sit on the rug.

Anne sat in front of the Regina with knees bent upwards, capping Regina's hips. Anne unclasped Regina's bra lowering straps down her shoulder making sure not to scrape her cut. She dipped the washcloth in the luke warm water soaking it then brought it near to Regina's bust wiping the caked blood off her skin. Regina's spine jerked up when Anne pressed onto her cut rubbing it gently to clean it off.
"I could have taken...".
"You couldn't have...", Anne stopped frowning at her.
"You are taking care of yourself". Anne mocked continuing with cleaning the cut.

"I can see it right now". She scoffed pointing at the wound.
"Are you taunting me"? Regina sneered at her clenching her jaw.
"I am simply insulting you". Anne laughed at her bitterly. She took out  suture thread and needle. She dabbed the needle with alcohol sterilizing it before she passed the thread through the hole winding it around.
"Hold still"! She told Regina pressing onto the opened cut between her fingers. Regina winced as Anne pierced needle in the skin passing it out of the other side, stitching tissue back together. Regina held onto her shoulder biting her inner cheek tasting tang of copper and blood. She was noticing Anne's face that was contorted in the concentration of suturing her cut, lips down at the corners with brow creased that urged her to soothe it with her thumb.
Anne passed the needle, repeating the stitches making cris -cross of the thread. She cut the thread with scissors putting needle aside as she worked on cleaning the wound again.

"Why did you do this"? Regina asked touching her stitches.
"You needed this...".
"I asked why did you do it"? Regina questioned again rephrasing the meaning for Anne.
"What do you mean"? Anne inquired confusingly putting the equipments back into the box.
"You know exactly what I mean".
"You are burning up". Anne torn open the bandage tape placing it gently on the cut to cover the stitches. She got up from there walking away from Regina.

"You didn't answer". Regina scowled holding onto her bust.
"You should clean up....".
"I asked you something"!
Regina questioned demandingly raising her voice.
"...I will get you pain killers". Anne put the box inside the closet constantly avoiding Regina.
"I am talking to you"! Regina shouted as Anne continued ignoring her question. She back treaded from there opening the shower casement door and slammed it shut behind her.
" Regina"! Anne yelled rushing up to the shower knocking at the door.
 " You can't shower ... I have just stitched you"!
Regina paid no attention to her as she stripped out of her underwear stepping underneath the showerhead.
" What is wrong with you"? Anne banged at the glass fuming up in anger.
" I'm talking to you Regina"!