Part 18 Howling

We've been seeing what you wanted
Got us cornered right now
Fallen asleep from our vanity
Might cost us our lives

"Where is Lee"? Edmond asked as Regina eyes widened pulling him out of the way.

Gunshots echoed the cadence of terror. The men in the masks jumped down from the railings and from windows breaking the glass firing at the people. Screams filled the hall as bodies dropped dead on the floor like lifeless leaves of the autumn.

Derward and Xiang jumped in action pulling out their revolvers and shot back. A man aimed at Derward and Derward did high kick ,hitting his hand that made him to drop his gun. Derward ducked down catching the gun and pivoted around on his legs and shot the man with his two guns.

Xiang removed the cylinder of his gun, counting bullets and slammed it shut with his palm. He pulled the barrel back before pressing the trigger firing at the men. He turned back performing a round house kick, jamming his boat in the jaw of the man. He shot a man at his right side and ducked down, spinning back to deliver a upper cut punch and side kick pushing another man away and shot him in his head.

I hear they're getting closer
Their howls are sending chills down my spine
And time is running out now
They're coming down the hills from behind

Regina pulled out her handgun from the holster strapped on her thigh. Her eyes zeroed as a man from the second floor fired a bullet at her. She glided aside swiftly turning around on her heels ,letting the bullet graze her ear as she turned back to fire at the man, shooting bullets at him and another man behind him who was aiming at Edmond.

Edmond fired in different directions. With each shot, the shell cases of the bullets fell on the floor with clicking sound. He pulled a trigger targeting at the man but it hitched as he ran out of ammo. He stepped aside with agility dodging the man who aimed to slam muzzle of gun on his head. He grabbed the arm of the man underneath his armpit, snatching the revolver and jammed his elbow with brute force breaking the joint bone of the man's arm. The man yelled in pain and Edmond threw him over his shoulder on the floor shooting at him. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand rushing to help Anne.

We've been searching all night long
But there's no trace to be found
It's like they all have just vanished
But I know they're around

Anne's chest was heaving as she fired continuously at the men with her pistol.
Her dress was slowing down her movements as it got caught in her heels. She bent down to remove her stilettos extending arm to shoot at her left side.

"Where are your manners gentleman"?

 She mocked, peeking through her loose hair as she shot him between his eyes. She reached for her back and unhooked the skirt of the dress revealing her shorts  and net stockings with holsters and straps. She rotated her leg, angling pelvis as she back kicked a man who grabbed her leg and threw her on the ground twisting her ankle. She glared at him and swang her legs springing back on her feet. She kicked him in his guts and shot him in his temple. She removed another revolver and flipped aside as another man approached her, dipping and skidding away on her knees as she fired at him with now both hands.

She blew hair out of her face in frustration and turned to face Edmond who had shot another man right behind her.

"I need some ammo " He told her throwing the stolen rifle away. She reached for her back and pulled out a gun thrusting it in his hand.
"I am going to search for Lee". He told her as she nodded and bumped his fist with hers.
" Be safe"! He patted her shoulder and ran towards the stairs.

When we start killing
It's all coming down right now
From the nightmare we've created
I want to be awakened somehow

Edmond caught arm of a man who was aiming at him and threw him over the railing of stairway. Lanterns and broken bulbs were sparking in the darkness. He stepped over the shards and splinters of broken furniture, dead bodies lying in the pool of blood. He charged the barrel of his gun, unlocking it with his thumb as he silently treaded through the gallery. He heard gunshots and hid himself at the corner of the wall. He heard footsteps approaching, coming closer to where he had been. He pressed his index finger on the trigger springing out of his hideout firing at the man. Edmond snatched the gun out of his hand and twisted around, body up in the air spiraling around his axis as he shot fire at the men with two guns. His body landed, sliding aside towards the railing as he continued firing and smell of gun powder dusted the air. He pushed himself on his knees, throwing the empty guns away and searched for the loaded one among bodies. He checked the ammo in the revolvers and rushed up to the third floor.

The sun is rising, the screams have gone
Too many have fallen, few still stand tall
Is this the ending of what we've begun?
Will we remember what we've done wrong?

Lee lay drained on the rooftop. His body broken and bruised, blood seeping out of his wounds and holes in his clothes. He had had his ribs broken and their snapping sound still played symphony to his ringing ears. His shoulder was injured, must have been dislocated during his struggle with him. His one eye swollen shut, other was covered in blood, deep cuts on his forehead, red lines marring his bleeding nose and cheek. He coughed spiting blood clutching his sides. His big toe nails were pulled out brutally by pliers. Something was seeping down between his legs but his mind was too numb to name it.

"Bad boys deserve punishment for running away". He knelt down beside his head and patted his head before slamming it again on the ground. Lee's head hummed in throbbing pain. If only he had broken his neck to end these throes of agony. The man laughed at him but it soon faded as his eyes caught glimpse of glittery material in Lee's pocket. He reached for it pulling out a silver chain with a blue pendant. He gasped staring at the chain in shock.

When we start killing
It all will be falling down
From the hell that we're in
All we are is fading away

"Lee"! Someone shouted staring at Lee in horror.
"Edmond..." Lee whispered smiling before he closed his tired opened eyes letting darkness to overtake him.

 Edmond shouted charging at the man and fired at him. But the man dodged and  missed the bullets with agility ,sprinting around like a gale but never shooting a fire at Edmond. He caught Edmond from behind, jabbing his shoulders and legs to paralyze him. Edmond yelled dropping his revolvers as the man pressed muzzle of gun at his temple.

"It's him..." He pointed gun at Lee's unconscious body.
"NO"! Edmond shouted in desperation as he couldn't move his limbs.
"Or you are coming with me". He shoved the gun under Edmond's jaw. Edmond looked at Lee. It's happening again, just like what had happened to him and Alan.

"I give you my word to leave him here".

 Edmond clenched his teeth before surrendering himself for Lee.

"Take me".
Something hard hit back of his head, knocking him out and he fell on the ground with a thud.

"I would have taken you otherwise, even if u had defied".

City of Crimson Desiresजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें