Part 24 Endgame

"Lady Regina...you are arrested for the murder of Jacqueline Edric"!
"What"? Regina froze staring at the officer.
"Miss Jacqueline Edric is murdered and lady Regina had been there". Officer told them giving stink eye to Regina.
"There isn't any way Lady Regina would...".
"Guards arrest her"! Officer barked ordering them.

 Derward pushed back Regina with his arm as guards approached her. He turned around grabbing hand of Regina and ran towards the car. Regina closed the door as Derward pulled the car over speeding away from the police force that was on their tail. Derward had a look of the police cars in vanity mirror chasing them like hounds. He pulled the gear, accelerating the paddle to put a distance between them and yard forces. He rotated the wheel, circling around the car that made tires screeched against the asphalt.
"What are you doing Derward"? Regina inquired looking back at the road.
"You will be safe Ma'am"! He pressed the gas paddle and drove past the police in the opposite direction that made two vehicles collapsed with each other. He took a right turn, breaking the signal and drove down the lane to the narrowed streets. Derward abruptly pressed the break as he hit the dead end in the alley.

"You should run"! He told Regina as they heard sirens of the police's car. Regina made to the left of the alleyway but stopped in her tracks turning to look back at Derward.
"Hurry up,Derward"! She motioned him to come but Derward shook his head pulling out his revolvers and firing at the police.
"You must leave. I'm buying you time". He told her before charging straight into the policemen shooting at the constables. Regina had a last look of his retreating figure and sprinted away from there without looking back. Regina halted on her feet panting as be looked both side of the split alleyways. She looked at the right side hearing voices behind her, "Find her. She must be close here", and skulked into the left one. History was repeating itself. Years ago she had been running away from her punishment of the sin that she hadn't committed. It was the irony of life; she had been running away from something cruel in her life and came to stop where she had started. From her periphery, she saw a fire escape of bricked building and  rushed to it climbing up the spiraling stairway to the rooftop hiding herself from police. Their soles tapped the concrete as they chased her down the back street with guns in their hands blowing whistles. Regina stood there on the rooftop, stray hair falling down from her half updo fluttered in the wind of dusk. She panted veins buzzing with the adrenaline. She wiped sweat of her forehead with the back of her sleeve and looked at the setting sun down the horizon.

'She will end it tonight'.

-
Janitor was cleaning the bathroom with his mop. He dipped the mop back into the bucket then pulled it out cleaning the floor. He was humming to himself whistling oblivious to the shadow standing behind him. The janitor shouted struggling to get free as that figure grabbed him in a neck lock, jamming a needle of injection in his neck giving him a shot of anesthesia. He pushed the janitor off throwing him on the floor who was out in few seconds. The figure knelt down unbuttoning the janitor's shirt...

The door of the room opened with a figure stepping out of it wearing a janitor's uniform. He lowered his cap and stalked down the hall carrying a bucket and mop. He kept his head down, hand touching the lip of his cap as he made  past the security without being suspicious. He walked out of the hospital,  and turned around at the building's corner. He put his cleaning tools down and sneaked into the cars parking lot. He checked the doors of the car untill his eyes fell upon a police mobile. He ducked down avoiding being caught by a guard and rushed towards the car. He picked up a lock with a scalpel and slided inside the mobile on driving seat. He started the car with his scalpel and pulled out of the parking lane.
 "Oye"! The security guard yelled at him as he drove past him outside of the gate.The guard pressed the alarm button calling other security guards.
"Someone got away with the police mobile"! The guard informed others looking towards the opened gate.
"Ironic, isn't it"? The other one snickered at the situation.