Part 26 Epilogue - Aubade

"Greyhound Mansion was burnt down to ashes. Its servants had made outside of the mansion in time but a body was found in bedroom. Police reported that the body was of Susanne Grey who had committed suicide in despair and her pride to be caught at police hands. Edmund and Annahitha were already missing and no one knew what happened to them. Siang and David became fugitive being on run from police for a fresh start since they couldn't stay back with crimes and blood on their hands. As for Alison and Lee, in the dusk of that morning, Lee ended their misery with his hands by shooting Alison and himself. There was no alternative to it for what had they done. Misery,corruption, torment, grief, heartache and regret drove them to become what they had resented. They were seven deadly sins: Lust,Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Wrath and Envy. Susanne had sloth; she lost her essence a long time ago and pride that drove her to her downfall. Siang was epitome of gluttony and lust,for both power and David. Edmund was envy, envious of Annahitha's instincts to protect others. While Alison, he had all of them, being envious of Lee and wrath against Susanne. They were nothing but puppets in the hands of cruel fate and Karma".

 He finished narration closing down the book as audience clapped wiping away their tears. He was signing the book with a black ink pen. A young girl, with book in her hand stepped forward for his autograph.
"What happened to Susanne? Did Alison and Lee really died"? The girl asked him as he scribbled something across the page. He peeked up from his glasses and gave her a genuine smile. The girl opened the last page of the novel and read;
'Rebirth, rejuvenation, reincarnation and resurrection'.

-
"...and they live happily ever after". She closed the story book smiling at her students. "Miss Katherine, do fairy tales really exist"? A young girl asked pouting at her fellow mate who teased her about being childish. Katherine laughed at them getting up from a table she was sitting on. Miss Katherine was her students' favourite teacher at St. Paul orphanage school and she had been serving there for over three years. She was in navy blue short gown reaching down her knees, dark brown eyes,thin narrowed lips and dark ebony shoulder length hair that were held back with pin in half updo and silver lock highlighting her flick. She knelt down at the level of younger girl and ruffled her hair.
"Fairy tales give hope that no matter how things are at the verge of falling apart there is still a silver lining for us". Her students gathered around her hugging their teacher chirping and cackling in joy and mirth.
 It was 4 pm and she wrapped up her papers and files picking up her coat and walked towards their house. It was a small grey stoned building underneath the canopy of trees at the end of street. She unlocked the door stepping inside and removed her coat hanging it on the hook.
 "I'm home Annie"! She called for the younger girl who rushed outside of the kitchen wearing apron with a wooden in her hand and covered in flour with chocolate at the corner of her mouth.
"Welcome home"! Anne hugged Regina giving her a quick peck beaming up at her.
"How was your day"?
"It's good".Regina pulled her in a kiss by waist smirking against her mouth.
 "I'm having you in dessert"?

-
He turned to look at the Derward who was sleeping with arm thrown over his eyes, glistening chest falling and rising with his breath and his lower half was covered in white silk sheets. Xiang pushed himself up on his elbows peering down at his sleeping lover and dipped down to kiss his lips. Derward groaned mumbling something as Xiang trailed kisses down his  jaw, neck, hollow of throat sucking on his sensitive spot. Derward stirred humming under his feathery kisses who was swirling his tongue around his nipple. Derward fluttered his eyes open up grabbing   Xiang and pinned him down on the bed kissing him senselessly.
"Haven't I told you no to mess up with me during my sleep"? Derward whispered in his husky voice.
"I can't help myself when I have a lover like you". Xiang rolled them over removing the sheets around their legs and settled between Derward's legs putting his leg around his pelvic bone.
"Ready for round two"?
"Bring it on".

-
"Let's get going". The elder one of the two  men suggested packing up their bags after  playing golf.
"You are tired already. Let's say you are getting old Edmond". The younger male laughed at him picking up his bag.
"I'm only 29 Alan". Edmond chuckled shaking his head at Alan. They packed up their stuff and walked towards their house. When Alan came around in the hospital, he got out of his bed entering the room where Lee had been kept. Edmond was sitting there holding his hand and looked up at him with glassy eyes. He remembered when he sneaked into Regina's room, Anne rushed up to him strangling his throat with her hands yelling and cursing at him for what he had done to them. Derward and Xiang pried her off him leading him towards his room and asked him to rest till he recovers from his injuries. He remembered when Edmond at night tip toed in his room and lay next to him, resting his head on Alan's chest and cried silently. Alan wrapped his arms around Edmond apologizing over and over for hurting him and Lee. Edmond lifted his chin up kissing Alan clinging onto him desperately since he again lost him to death.
Few days after, when Regina was  recovered, she called them all and Alan offered himself for retribution of his crimes and sins. But Regina told him, that Lee and Alexial had already killed each other there was nothing left to look into that anymore. Besides, life had given a second chance so they should start over with a new hope. There is no point in killing someone when he is repenting and atonement will only be in its true essence if a person tries to change himself as a better person.

"Alan"! He broke out of his thoughts when Edmond called his name setting up the table for dinner. The front door opened and Alan smiled at Lee.
"Clean up for dinner". Edmond told him putting dishes on the table. Lee took a quick shower and walked into the dining room in his blue trousers with towel over his shoulders. He threw the towel on a nearby chair and sat down for dinner.
"Lee how many times I told you not to throw towel carelessly". Edmond scolded Lee passing him the stewed fish and rice.
"I will take care of it mother hen". Alan chuckled pinching Edmond's cheek who slapped his hand away.
"You two always partner up against me". Edmond complained glaring at them.
"How did your day go, librarian Lee"? Edmond asked Lee.
"He is a writer now". Alan corrected him smirking as he took bite of his fish.
"It went great than I expected. I sold 800 copies today". He answered reaching for the bowl of seal jerky gravy.
"Where is mine signed copy"? Alan demanded crossing his arms. "Yours is in your bed".

They laughed and shared about their day. There life could have been ended at that building, they would have been dead but life gave them a second chance to live, learn and grow. Though they all were responsible for their actions but they didn't become criminals by their choice. It was the society that forced them into the world of darkness and corruption. If now,they have a chance to live freely; a new life, they deserve to atone, change and learn as a living soul.