Part 19 Missing piece of puzzle

Edmond groaned as he grabbed the back of his throbing head.

"It's either him"..." Edmond..."
 "Or you're coming with me".
"Edmond..." "I give you my word...
"Edmond..."
Lee's broken voice faded in and out, replaying in the back of his consciousness.

He regained his wakefulness and senses looking around to figure out his surroundings.

'Where is he'?

He was lying on white double bed whose head board was transparent and curved down halfway to the middle of bed. He was in his white arnook, for what he deciphered that someone had removed his jacket. A heavy, white furred blanket had been draped over his sleeping form that was keeping him warm. His hand accidently touched the place next to him. It was warm with body heat, as if someone just left the bed. Moreover,  the blanket was ruffled back and the sheet was also crinkled.

'Did someone sleep next to him'?

He craned his neck and took in the room. There was a dresser to his left side, next to the armoire. To his right, was a drawer with a vase full of fresh flowers. A dusty ash brown sofa with floor cushions and a white rug. He was assured that he wasn't at his own place. He peered sideways towards the closed glass window. It was dark and heavy outside with sliver of sunrays peeking out of the clouds, filtering through the curtains. He pushed himself up trying to sit up clutching his head.

"Morning". He smiled at Edmond carrying a tray with two steamy mugs and a bowl with steaked salmon and placed it on the table.
"I thought you're asleep and it's probably better to let you". It was the same man from the last night who tortured Lee...
Edmond gaze bored the eyes of the man in silence, as years of experience had taught one thing to play along to know the game before you ask for rules and question the player.

"I made you a breakfast".
"What are you staring at"? He laughed handing him his mug as his baritone voice rumbled through his heart.
 "It will soothe away your headache".

Edmond stayed silent as he took the mug fingers curling around the handle.
"Take it. I didn't put poison in it". The man spoke enjoying the aroma of his tea as he took a nice sip and hummed in contentment.

Edmond noticed the prominent features of man, eyes scanning his visage. He had long neck length hair, broad forehead, honed slanted cheekbones, long sharp pointed nose and thin narrowed lips. But what struck him the most were his electric blue eyes that pierced through him. Something was so familiar about him but he couldn't pinpoint it despite his mental effort.

"What are you ,mesmerized by my morning face"? He chuckled at Edmond pursing his lips.
Edmond's eyes narrowed at him trying to find out missing piece of this puzzle. Why there was bloodshed last night?  Those men, was this very man had had his hand behind the massacre? What did he has to do with Lee? But more importantly what did he has to do anything with him?

' Why he is his captive'?

"Where is Lee"?  Edmond finally resolved to ask him.
"He must be at hospital or home". The man shrugged grimacing at him.
" Why am I here"?
" What do you mean"? The man glared at him putting down his cup . " It's your own home".
"What do you mean..."
"Why are you so concerned about Lee"? The man stood up knocking the chair off. Edmond flinched at the sound but remained unresponsive towards him.

 " What is he to you"? 

Edmond didn't reply. Any outward reaction or words could have been used against him. Besides, he had yet to decode what was that man's deal who was treating him over familiarly.

"What is he to you"? He sneered at Edmond like a preened viper spitting venom. Edmond stared blankly into the swirls of tea focusing on the warmth that was radiating from the mug into his palms.

.
.
.
"It's going to rain soon". Lee told him as he sat beside the Edmond on bench. Edmond nodded his head folding hands in his lap.
"Shall we go inside"? Lee suggested looking at Edmond's vacant face who was gazing into the distance. A raindrop tipped Lee's glasses and then nose as it started light drizzling. He wiped his specks with cuff of his sleeve peeking at Edmond with one eye closed in drizzle.

"Edmond san it's..."
" You can leave ". Edmond told him blatantly giving him his usual cold shoulder.
" I am staying here". Lee fidgeted around then placed a hand over Edmond's head. Edmond looked up at his hand then turned to face Lee who gave him a nervous smile.
"What are you doing"? Edmond blinked up at the stupid yet innocent act of Lee.

"I-I..it's...raining ..s-so I'm covering you". Lee stammered with tint of red on his cheeks that reckoned he was blushing under Edmond's scrutiny.
 "E-Edmond san..will my coat do"?
He coughed and removed his coat  putting it over Edmond's head and shoulders.
"Hmmm".
Lee sat there in nerve biting silence and bone chilling cold air. Edmond stole a glance of Lee and nearly chuckled at his sight of covering his own head with his both hands.
"What are you doing"? Edmond asked smirking in amusement.
"I don't have a coat". Lee spoke with a cute miserable face that was sprayed with the beads of rain. Edmond laughed then pulled off the coat draping it over Lee's head.
"There".
Lee blushed at the proximity as their shoulders were touching, thighs grazing together, fingers brushing each other. Edmond's own heart skipped a beat then pacing up eratically as Lee's breath tickled his exposed neck. His breath, his touch and his eyes always made Edmond's warm...warmth...Heartstring...

"Let's go inside" . He grabbed Lee's hand. Lee looked at their locked hands then nodded getting up.
.
.
.

"Edmond, I asked you something"! The man slammed his fist on the window rattling it.
" I did all this for you..."His voice was heavy when he spoke and wavered at the last word.
"...built this house for you, Ed".

Edmond jerked his head up at him not letting him know his turmoil of burning curiosity  and questions inside his head.

'Ed..who..'?

Edmond's perturbed gaze remained fix on him as he turned his back to him facing the window.
" I built it just like you have always wanted". He told Edmond with nostalgic tone.
Edmond clutched the mug, holding onto it  for his dear life.
" A cottage aside from everyone..."

Edmond heart raced up with cold tingling sensation at the back of his head.
"...A li'l world of our own. Where you wake up beside me every morning..."
Edmond felt nauseous out of sudden as his head span with giddiness.
"...I fall asleep listening to our heartbeats. Your arms would be my home.. where only I can reside ..."

Edmond dropped the mug on the floor, spilling tea over the rug.

'How ...how does he know it'?

"Years...years of waiting, Ed". He rested his forehead against the window pane with arm over his head.
" I used to come here but lay awake throughout the night...

'Who are you'?

"...but couldn't feel your warmth. It was so cold without you, Ed". He sighed loudly pulling away from the window.

" Who are you"? Edmond asked dreading for the answer.

' Don't answer...'

' Don't...'

'Don't be...'

He opened up the pane of window and a draft of cool fresh air hit them. He turned to face Edmond with glassy eyes, tears threatening to fall any second.

"Ed..."! He swallowed a lump in his throat closing his eyes as he knelt before Edmond who was sitting at the edge of bed shaking and sweating. He started humming and Edmond's heart stopped beating.

Gentle breeze tinkled the wind charm that was hanging down the window, plucking strings of Edmond's thudding heart against his chest that made hard for him to breathe.

The former one placed his head in Edmond's lap wrapping arms around his waist and started sobbing. A tear trailed down Edmond's cheek when he pulled away looking into Edmond's eyes with tears stained face.

"Ed..."