Part 23 Palindrome

The chess is ,indeed, one of the interesting game. But it becomes more twisted when both holders can easily predict next move. Just like the blocks that are black and white; same relics- pieces- but of two colours, the showdown was also becoming black or white with no grey areas. It was either killing or be killed; no choice, no escape. Queen was left open and King was ready to make his move. Alexial and Regina were the same piece of paper. The only difference was that, one side was bloated with black ink while its other side had hand imprint of blood. It's palindrome.

Lee condition had been stabilized but he didn't wake up yet. It'd been told by doctors that he might have been in comatose. There wasn't any trail to Edmond and series of murder didn't stop either. But it wasn't the only thing that had Regina at the stake of being a fallen queen. Anne had gone missing.

It all started in 5 Days...
545 minutes that changed the face of the game...

Regina sat at her desk that was scattered with papers and opened files. She grabbed another file going through the pages quickly. She tossed the file in the corner and hurried up to the rack throwing folders on the floor. She bent down hands rummaging through the files searching for thing that could have given clue to Anne's abduction. Though she was assured that Alexial had had her and now he could be using her as a bait. Derward entered the room followed by Xiang that snapped Regina's attention towards them.

"Scotland yard has been on its move but they couldn't trace hideout of Alexial". Derward told her rolling up his cuffs .

"Scotland yard does only what it's fed". Regina snickered opening and slamming close the drawers.

"Forces have deep roots of corruption...", Xiang added rubbing stubble on his jaw. "...It's only a dog of great hunters."

"Surprise me".Regina scowled throwing the drawer down dumping it contents on the floor.
"Yard already has cases against you". Xiang sat on the edge of the desk with palms pressed flatly behind him.
"As if I..."
"Besides, you're suspected of Duke Hermit's right hand murder". Xiang told her rolling the marble stone on the desk.
"What"? Regina yelled kicking the folders on the floor sending them away.

 "What's that Alexial game? He is the master mind behind these series of murder...". She scowled clutching her head between her hands.
"You need to calm down". Derward told her leading her towards the chair.
 "We can't afford to lose it".Derward poured her water from jug and handed her the glass.

 "Thank you". Regina took the glass from his hand gulping water down her throat.
"What are you looking for"? Derward asked her picking up a folder.
"Isn't it obvious"? Regina scoffed slamming glass on the table in frustration.

 "I have no secret record of Alexial, his hideout other than we checked, that can give away Edmond's and Anne's place".

"That's a news to me". Xiang smirked tossing roller towards Regina's direction who caught it with her right hand without looking.
"There is no past life record. What could be his connection with Edmond"? Regina spoke playing with the marble stone.

"If Alexial doesn't have a past record...." Xiang grinned eyeing Derward. Derward stopped in his midway of skimming through folder and snapped it shut.

 "Edmond's record can be traced". Derward spoke looking at Regina.
"You are coming with me"! Derward thrusted folder on to Xiang as he rushed out of the room. Xiang stood up knocking down the ink bottle, spilling black ink over the papers. Regina grimaced picking up the blotched papers. As she was going to put stained papers aside, she stopped when her eyes caught a folded page peeking out of a file. She dropped the pages pulling out the paper as she unfolded that page opening it. Her eyes scanned the indented letters widening in realization. She crunched the paper in her fist running out of the room. It might have been be her clue to Alexial hideout.