1| Broken a Heart

Chapter One

Angelia's POV

"Angelia, get up."

I peep my head out through the door and laugh as Deandra, or Dea, throws a pillow at my empty bed. "I've been up for the past thirty minutes."

Dea groans as she gets up and I get back to sliding into my clothes. I slip into my black jeans, and pull on my Harvard sweatshirt, stepping into some Timberlands.

"You look cute," she mumbles as she passes me. I smile a little and I do my makeup quickly before letting my hair fall into its usual curls. Deandra goes to take a quick shower and when she comes back, she changes quickly.

"C'mon."

I nod and grab my bag, spraying on some perfume before leaving our dorm room. I walk out into the busy hallway and Deandra turns around to look at me excitedly, "I'm going on a date with Chris today."

I smile at her and coo, "Aw, Dea. You're growing up." I pretend to wipe a tear away and she laughs, just as I smack into someone's chest.

I stumble back and look down at the floor where my books were now on. I sigh, squatting down to pick my things up and the person helps.

"Sorry, Angelia."

I feel my breath hitch in my throat and don't bother to look up, knowing I could and might cry.

Four months isn't easy.

I get up and walk around his tall, lean figure, knowing his eyes were watching my every move. Deandra sends me a concerned look and I flash her a smile, "Let's go."

She nods and I flinch when his new girlfriend greets him, "Yoandri, baby."

Walk faster.

****************************************

The bell rings and I sigh, collecting my things from Literature class. Everyone files out through the door and I follow. It was a sunny Wednesday morning and no clouds were in sight, the weather complying for once.

"Angelia?" I turn around, smiling. "Joel!" He grins and goes to hug me, "How was Literature?" I shrug and he wraps an arm around my shoulders, "Could've been better." He smiles and we walk to Chemistry together.

One of the classes I had with him.

Let's catch up.

Joel got accepted sophomore year and was now studying with Yoandri and I. Nothing has really changed besides the fact that Yoandri and I were no longer together.

"Have you guys talked?"

I look over to Joel and shake my head, "No, I don't want to talk. It's too late for talking." Joel frowns a little and we finally make it to Chemistry 2, taking our regular seats.

"Angelia!"

Deandra sits on the other side of me and I laugh as she slumps against the stool. "You good?" I asked concerned for her health. She smirks and sends me a wink, "You bet."

I shake my head already knowing she was with her boyfriend before entering the classroom. Dea and Joel get ready for class, while I grab a pen, scribbling to make sure it works.

I look up only to see Yoandri's warm brown eyes staring at my face, scrutinizing my every movement. Blowing air out of my cheeks, I look in a different direction, letting my hair fall over my face so he doesn't see the tears well up in my eyes.

Asshole.

I sniff a little and the teacher comes in, "Good morning class, how is everyone this fine Wednesday?"

We all groan, "Good."

But Yoandri's raspy voice reaches my ears as he quietly mumbles, "She still won't talk to me. Not so good."

*******************************************

I laugh a little as Joel cracks a joke and Deandra sits next to us at the café. "Hey, babe," she greets. I smile cheerfully and she laughs, finally relaxing against her seat.

Joel smiles at her and they start talking about their engineering class together. I look around at the cozy design of the place, breathing in the smell of coffee. It's my favorite place to study, and at times, eat from.

"Yes, can I please get French vanilla extra extra? Iced please." I turn around, smiling at my familiar order. "Hey that's what I orde-" I immediately turn back around, Yoandri's small smile at my outburst stirring up emotions in me. "I know you order that," he mutters as he sits down next to Joel.

Deandra sends me a look and I shake my head discreetly as if to say, I'm fine. I'll be fine. She nods and takes a sip of her hot chocolate, looking at the pair of cousins conversing.

About five minutes pass and my stomach is a hot mess of butterflies and tingles. "Hey, Angelia?" I tear my gaze away from my feet and slowly look at Yoandri. He takes my silence as a cue to continue, "Would you mind helping me study for midterms?

Everything is dead quiet, his question echoing in my head. Did he really just-? I look to Deandra and she only looks out the window anticipating what's bound to happen. Joel only sighs and slides his hands down his face, "You did it now, Yoli."

My gaze pierces into his eyes as I finally manage to respond, "You're kidding right?" Yoandri flinches at my response and I shake my head, glaring at him. "You're dumb for thinking that after what you did, I would help you. You can fail for all I fucking care."

I gather my things and get up, ignoring his presence and walking out the café. Deandra leaves with me and we go back to our dorm, taking our time.

"Are you gonna help him?"

I look up at Deandra and she glances over at me, expectantly. "No. I don't plan on ever being so much as acquaintances with him," I mutter.

The wind blows my hair back and I walk a little faster, wanting nothing else than to do my homework and go to sleep. Maybe even have a study session with Dea and Joel in our favorite library.

As long as it didn't include him.

Because after a year at college, things change, relationships break, bonds don't repair. Especially when you've done a wrong that can't become right.

Especially when you've broken a heart.

______________________________

a/n

Lit. Lit. Lit. Lit. Lit.