4| You & I

Chapter Four

Yoandri's POV

The water pours down my face as I look up at the gray sky. I wish life was that easy, as simple as raindrops sliding against cool glass. Angelia's face flashes through my mind and I close my eyes tightly, wishing for her to just go away.

She's caused so much pain.

I see her in my arms, smiling and the cold drops of water on arms, and hair wake me up a little. Cold water seeps through all the layers of my clothing and I lay down on the cement, students staring at me weirdly.

The rain turns to a drizzle and I lift my hand up to touch them, to get closer to the stars above me. The stars that were hidden under clouds and seemed to represent my own situation. 

Hidden and eager to show.

Eager to show love.

Her lips seem to mold into mine but she isn't there to make it a reality. She never is anymore. I let a few tears escape the edges of my eyes and the rain pours harder, making it hard to blink.

Closing my eyes I go back to when she gave herself up to me. She looked so beautiful, vulnerable, and there was this look in her eyes.

Love.

So much love and tenderness. I shiver at the thought of being one with her and I sniffle just as someone drones on about how happy they are. I let out a choked sob and think, I used to be happy. Angelia's laugh seems to play in my ears and I think of yesterday night, her lips on mine.

The passion and want in one kiss.

The unspoken words told through hushed sighs.

The told lies fading slowly.

I wipe my red eyes and head back to the dorms as the clouds get darker. My roommate wasn't going to be there tonight.

Good.

****************************************

4:00 A.M.

I groan and rub my tired face, sleeping impossible. Not without her. Rubbing my hands together, I wrap my hands around my neck and feel my heart beat harshly.

Just the mere thought of her and I soon cry, groaning at my pounding headache.

I can't sleep without her.

I wrap myself in a fetal position, and my breathing slows, part of the problem being the ache in my heart.

I wasn't sleeping tonight.

I let out a frustrated yell and grab my leather jacket, and my keys. I open the door of my dorm and there she stands, looking at me with a certain look in her eyes.

I stay quiet, already feeling my eyes water up. "What do you want, Angelia?" I rasp out. She shrugs, "Just wanted to say hell-?" I push her away, not needing any of her love right now.

It'll make me feel worse afterwards.

She follows me and I ignore her, "Yoandri, where are you going?" I keep walking and take a left to the student parking lot. "Yoyo!"

I turn around to her, "Angelia. Stop following me, I'm trying to get away from you." She looks taken back and I take that as a chance to hop into my car.

I can feel her frown, her eyes glaring at my back. "I just wanted to talk," she whispers. I snort, "It's too late. You've said it yourself, now I'm giving up and you want to talk?"

Angelia scowls, her turquoise eyes showing anger. "Nevermind," she grumbles. I leave the parking lot after a ten minute of crying and drive to my favorite bar.

I'll drink the pain away.

************************************

"Yoandri, stop drinking."

I push Joel away and I catch a glimpse of black lcurly hair. "Leave me alone!" Everyone turns to look at the two relatives screaming and I see Angelia's face.

"What the fuck is she doing here?"

I point to Angelia, drunk and disoriented. "I don't need anymore sadness," I mutter. Her eyes meet my mine and I give her a glare. Joel lifts me up over his shoulder and I pull him off, "Leave me alone!"

I feel warm hands reach up to my cheeks and I'm pressed up against a small body. I melt into her arms and she whispers soothing things into my ear.

"He's so weak."

I immediately push Angelia away, glaring at the two guys sitting next to me. Her hands meet mine but I simply pull her off of me, "You've got something to-"

I'm cut off by something warm, and soft meeting my mouth and stand there as Angelia kisses me ever so gently. I push her off, livid. "I KNOW I AM A DICK! YOU DON'T HAVE TO MAKE ME FEEL BAD FOR IT!"

She stays quiet and I lift my arms for emphasis. "Yoandri," she whispers disappointedly. I look at her, suddenly very sober, "Angelia, stay away from me. I cause pain."

I always cause pain.

******************************************

I grab the nearest pill bottle when I get home, taking about three all at once. My bed awaits me and I grab a bottle of beer in the mini fridge on the way.

"Cheers to pain," I mumble to myself.

The door bursts open and I see Gade looking at me suggestively. "C'mon honey!" I scowl at the pet name and Angelia's voice infiltrates my thoughts.

You're better than this.

Don't do it.

I shake my head to clear the thoughts and I point to the door, "Just shut up and leave. I'm not in the mood." Gade scoffs and slams the door shut on her way out.

Hm, the ceiling isn't blue.

I like pretty colors.

Like Angelia's eyes.

I smile at the thought and snore softly, thinking of her kisses and my caresses.

I pretend that Angelia's next to me and whisper, "It'll just be us two."

You & I.

Against the universe.

______________________________

a/n

I love you.