13| Depressed

Chapter Thirteen

Angelia's POV

"You gotta tell him," Deandra mumbles as she sips on her iced tea. I frown and look up at the ceiling of our dorm, "No I don't. He doesn't deserve the pain he'd experience."

Joel walks in just as close my eyes and lays down at the foot of the bed, groaning. "He kept asking," he breathes out.

"For twenty minutes. Not ten," he looks at me with an exasperated expression, "Twenty." I sigh and rub my face, getting aggravated with the secret.

"We gotta tell him," I whisper out.

Just as Deandra and Joel look up at me in shock, the door burst open, "Okay, you know what? I'm done. I am so done with this game you keep playing with me."

I sigh and bring my knees into my chest, "Joel and I kissed." Yoandri keeps going ballistic and Joel winces, Deandra turning away. "I am so sick and tired of this unnecessary and irrelevant hide and seek-what?"

It's almost like a switch goes off, one second he's ranting and upset, the next he's sad. Yoandri's face crumbles, the light draining from his eyes and face. The air gets sucked out of me as I see the boy I love find out my secret, the one keeping us apart. 

"Yoandri-" I start but he only shakes his head, looking around at us disgusted. "So this is the secret? That you and Joel kissed?" Everyone stays quiet and I open my mouth to speak, only for his eyes to silence my words.

I close my eyes and they start to sting, my heart beating loudly, loud enough that my ears can hear. "I'm sorry," I whisper. Yoandri stays silent as he looks at me fall apart inside, break into a million pieces.

"I'm so sorry," I choke out, tears starting to fall down my cheeks. I wipe my face repeatedly, avoiding his hurt gaze, "Who kissed who? Tell me how it happened."

Joel immediately tenses up and I look over to him, his chocolate eyes already looking into my turquoise ones. "I kissed h-" I cut him off and mumble, "I kissed him."

Yoandri sucks in a breath and his own eyes water, his stare meeting mine. We both stay quiet and he shakes his head, "Am I not good enough for you? Is this the problem? That's why I did what I did. You know that I have problems with that."

I wince at his words and Joel glares at me, "Don't believe her, Yoli." I shake my head and Deandra only stares in between us, "I kissed Joel. We were both drunk but we knew what had happened."

Yoandri looks in between us and finally shakes his head, bites his lip, and opens the door to the dorm. "You knew and you didn't tell me. That's why I'm hurt, Angelia," he mutters.

I close my eyes before getting up and walk over to him, "Please. Don't leave me." He snorts and shakes his head, "Angelia, you didn't tell me you cheated on me. That's pretty break up worthy."

My lungs seem to empty, I'm not capable of breathing. "Good bye," he whispers. My vision blurs with tears and I simply wipe my eyes and lay on my bed.

"Angelia?"

I ignore their worried comments and curl myself up into a ball, no longer having the one person I need to comfort me.

Yoandri.

******************************************

"Angelia? Babe, you gotta get up. It's been two days."

I only stare at the gray wall in front of my face and take a deep breath. I turn around to Deandra and she gives me her arms, "You have school."

I nod once before getting up and going to the bathroom. I ignore the mirror as I strip myself of my clothing and take a shower, attempting to cleanse myself of this sick and twisted feeling.

Once I am dressed in jeans, and a tee, sporting some Vans, Deandra offers to do my hair. I send her a forced smile and she smiles back, putting some conditioner in my hair.

"Ready to attack the day?"

I hesitate and look at her through the mirror, tears threatening to fall onto my cheeks. Dea notices and sighs, pulling me into a warm hug, "Angelia, you'll make it through this. You're the strongest girl I know. I believe in you."

I nod and exhale, wiping the edges of my eyes before turning around. I grab my things and Deandra clutches onto my hand, "Ready?"

We both stand at the door, staring at the piece of wood, then at each other. "Ready," I whisper.

We open the door.

******************************************

It's not until I get to my first class that I realize that I have every single class with him, we organized it that way.

I sigh and sit down at my seat, only three seats away from him, almost too close. Deandra gives Joel a look and Joel smiles at me, giving me a thumbs up.

I look away as a sign of acknowledgement and then the bell rings, Yoandri not in the classroom. I frown a little and just as the professor goes to close the door, Yoandri pops up. 

I tear my gaze away and fiddle with my pen, not wanting to see anymore of his hurt demeanor. His face seemed tired, and he had bags under his eyes. His hair was disheveled and Yoandri seemed unlike his usual self.

He seemed depressed.

I take a deep breath as he sits down in his seat and takes out his things. Dea gives me a small smile and Joel nods supportively, "Do you have a pen-"

His raspy voice stops once he looks at my face. Yoandri stares at me with a pained expression and he quickly looks away, muttering, "Nevermind."

I close my eyes, remind myself not to cry, and grab my spare pen from my bag. Leaning forward, I hear his breathe hitch and my arm brushes against his wrist. I hesitate a little, wanting nothing more than to take him in my arms and kiss him.

I stay in this position and imagine his hands in my hair, caressing my skin. His lips on my neck, all over my body, teasing and biting. I close my eyes and drop the pen onto his desk, pulling away swiftly.

Dea gives me a worried look and I shake my head, letting my hair fall over my face. "Thank you," Yoandri mumbles.

I only nod and get back to taking notes, not feeling good at all.

But rather feelings depressed.

___________________________

a/n

I don't hate school.

I just don't like the fact that I have to walk all the way from the basement to the third floor in four minutes just to go to math class.

Math is actually understandable they said.

Math is fun they said.